Murtha Would Sacrifice US Lives For Political Gain

phoenix80

Banned
In this piece, even Carl Levin states he won't try to de-fund efforts in Iraq. However, Murtha is prepared to allow approximately half the surge troops to deploy while working to prevent the final two brigades from deploying.

Given that violence is likely to escalate at least temporarily as the surge starts, that means Murtha is content to hang a reduced force out to dry without the manpower called for in the original plan.

His doing that is almost certain to result in more causalities and deaths among troops deployed in Iraq, which are likely to then be over-extended under the new plan. Perhaps he's got another handful of the Arab money he flirted with during ABSCAM, or it's simply blood he's willing to have on his hands in an attempt to exercise his new found position of influence.
Appearing on the same program, Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., chairman of the House Defense Appropriations Subcommittee, said he would not limit funds for the troops already in Iraq, but would try to put language in the bill carrying supplemental funds for the war that could prevent the final two U.S. brigades going over in April and May.​

No hanging needed. Just kick him out of the congress.

Impeachment?
Well, I'm all for Impeachment, but I don't hear the Congressmen's name come up very often on the short list of quite a few people in the US Government who need Impeaching, a few who need Impeaching for breaking very real Laws that have to do with the Constitution.... but what's one more name in the hat?

I for one look forward to seeing the US Congress start Impeachment proceedings... very soon. So, what would you say the odds are that the Congressman's name is anywhere close to the top of the Impeachment List?

Impeachment?
Well, I'm all for Impeachment, but I don't hear the Congressmen's name come up very often on the short list of quite a few people in the US Government who need Impeaching, a few who need Impeaching for breaking very real Laws that have to do with the Constitution.... but what's one more name in the hat?

I for one look forward to seeing the US Congress start Impeachment proceedings... very soon. So, what would you say the odds are that the Congressman's name is anywhere close to the top of the Impeachment List?

Gee... I wonder who in the world you could be talking about??? ;)

Last edited:
Back