Murtha Dead at 77

Although I'm sorry that it was a doctor's screw up that took his life (a nicked intestine during gall bladder surgery that resulted in a fatal infection) he was certainly no friend of the military for the last few years. Although a former Marine himself he called the Jarheads "murderers", those that were completely cleared of any wrongdoing after a lengthy investigation. He refused to apologize. Some Marine Corps organizations have disowned him.

Although I'm sorry that it was a doctor's screw up that took his life (a nicked intestine during gall bladder surgery that resulted in a fatal infection) he was certainly no friend of the military for the last few years. Although a former Marine himself he called the Jarheads "murderers", those that were completely cleared of any wrongdoing after a lengthy investigation. He refused to apologize. Some Marine Corps organizations have disowned him.

agreed. his refusal to apologize speaks volumes.

I'm not too happy about things he may have said and whatnot but it's still a cut above being a person who skipped out on doing his part yet has no problems urging others to go die and get blown up for unclear reasons.

What a damn shame.....think I won't get more than 8 hours of sleep or eat less than three meals a day, mourning Jack Murtha. He was a POS no tears.

Won't go that far, but if I lived close enough I could see downing a six pack and visiting his grave.

His replacement as Head of the Military Appropriations Commitee is Sen. Dicks from the State of washington who wants to see the USAF tanker contract go to his home State & Boeing.

Eeeeh their all politicans hence crooked, lying, oxygen thiefs. However I have a special loathing and contempt for recently departed and unlamented Murtha.

Eeeeh their all politicans hence crooked, lying, oxygen thiefs. However I have a special loathing and contempt for recently departed and unlamented Murtha.

Im mixed myself, I didnt like Murtha "Pork" policies very much, and I am sure he was involved in the Abscam affair, even if he managed to weasel his way out of it with a very select choice of words. (There is a theory that he was actually undercover working for the FBI trying to expose other corrupt congressman but who knows?).

But I do give him credit for being one of the earliest democrats in congress to grow a pair and denounce the Iraq war as the farce that it was, most democrats in congress today are still looking for their balls.

John Murtha..... lets see what good things are there to say about him.

John is a good sounding first name. Yup.... good name.

Why did my Post covertly get removed when my comments are Not Breaking the Posting Rules!

What more Cover Up or you can't Handel the Truth?

Why did my Post covertly get removed when my comments are Not Breaking the Posting Rules!

What more Cover Up or you can't Handel the Truth?

Just a guess but, probably your post is on the other Murtha thread and no one covertly removed it?:p

Just a guess but, probably your post is on the other Murtha thread and no one covertly removed it?:p

Dame we have two Murtha treads, I just saw :coffee: Thanks for orienting Moi in the a Right direction.

And Old Marine told me, Life is all about a hole!

First before your Borne you fight vigorously to get out of a Hole.
Second When I get hair on my testies I will fight with great determination to get back in a hole.
Third; For all the sacrifices in life at the end, your finally put in a hole, whether you like it or not.

According to many Marines, he was hated with great Motivated enthusiasm, and many hope his rotting in hell.

Last edited:
Back