--
Boots

May 18th, 2014  
muscogeemike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
*Personal experience and observation*

You forgot to add the number one absolute "truth" to your list:

#1) If there's a rice paddy within 60 miles of your operating theater, some dumb **** shall find this rice paddy and will bury his tank in the mud clear up to the turret where it will take four days utilising three tank retrievers and four tanks to break the stuck tank free from the muddy bottom of the paddy.

After said tank is freed from paddy, the United States will have to reimburse the farmer whose paddy was nearly destroyed the value of 10 years crops for said damage (believe it or not).
So true. I saw a version this happen in Korea! The tank was on a frozen paddy and the ice broke, they had to guard the tank and wait for warm weather to get it out!
May 18th, 2014  
crazytanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogeemike
So true. I saw a version this happen in Korea! The tank was on a frozen paddy and the ice broke, they had to guard the tank and wait for warm weather to get it out!
Saw a version of it in Iraq. I was manning the .50 and I told the SFC that we might want to go around this giant mud pit, it didn't look passable. He said oh naw we're going through. So we start rolling through this mud and a few minutes later the guy on the drive controls tells the SFC the mud is getting deep, might want to turn around while we still can. He said naw we're going through it, we're going through it, keep rolling. We rolled MAYBE ten more feet and she wouldn't go any further. We jumped down to try and unstick it and we were up to our waists in mud and still sinking.
October 1st, 2014  
Yuks

Great post.
--
Boots