Murphy's law

Dear mum and dad

I am well and u? Tell big brothers Sean Paddy and Mick that the army is beter than working on the farm, tell them to get into the army quick before the jobs are all gone.

I was a bit slow in setting down at frist because you dont get outa bed until 6am. I like sleeping now, but all you do before brekky is make your bed and shine your boots and clean your uniform. No cows to milk, no calves to feed, no feed to stack, nothing.

Men must shave but its not so bad cause theres hot water and a light to see what your doing. Breakfast has ceral fruit and eggs but theres no fillet steaks or sausages. You dont get fed again until noon and by that time alll the city boys are fecked cause weve been on route march just like walking to the well in the meadow.

This will kill Sean and Paddy with laughte. I keep getting medals for shootin. The bulls eye is as big as a bulls head and doesnt move and not fireing back like the O'Donnells did when our bull got thier cow pregnant before the Ballina show.

Then you gotta wrestle with the city boys and I gotta be real careful coz they breake easy. Turns out im not a bad boxer either and it looks like im the best the platoons got and only been beaten by this guy from Dublin hes 6foot 8 and 120 kilos and im 5foot 6 and 65 kilgos but i fought to the end.

I cant complain, tell the boys to get in quick,

Your loving daughter,

Siobhan

Back