MunitionsAirman Trivia

NEW TRIVIA QUESTION

Who was the first U.S. President to travel by air while in office?

This question is only valid today. i will not accept an answer tomarrow.

Ok since no one wanted to answer my question i guess i wil have to answer it my self.....

Franklin D. Roosevelt was the first U.S. President to travel by air while in office. Since then, an executive aircraft has been a necessity for the Presidency.

No one ever answers my Trivia anymore!!!

.................... Damnit ....................

maybe i will have to find some more interesting questions.

MunitionsAirman said:
No one ever answers my Trivia anymore!!!

.................... Damnit ....................

maybe i will have to find some more interesting questions.

:lol: :lol:

Well, after you answered your own question, you didnt put a new one up. Its kinda hard to answer an invisible question. ;)

Darkmb101 said:
a heavily armed foot soldier of ancient greece

you are correct...

What is a hoplite?
An infantry soldier during the times of ancient Greece whose armour included helmet, breastplate, shield, and greaves, with sword and spear as standard equipment.

NEW QUESTION

Ever had a "Cup of Joe"???
1.) Where did this name come from?
2.) Who was it named after?

20 milbucks for the first person to answer both questions correctly...

No one is sure.

1) Admiral Josephus Daniels imposed a ban on serving alchoholic drinks on Navy ships. Coffee became a very popular drink as a result, and was so named after the Admiral who imposed the ban (supposedly).

2)

A) Admiral Josephus “Joe” Daniels, Secretary of the Navy (1912-20)
B) a modification of java or jamoke for coffee

yes. that was correct...

Ever had a "Cup of Joe"? Secretary of the Navy Josephus Daniels, scandalized by reports of drunkenness aboard ship, issued an order in 1919 banning the serving of wine in the wardroom and any consumption of alcohol aboard ship. Daniels, a teetotaler, decreed that only coffee or tea should be served. This was not a popular order and Sailors promptly dubbed a cup of coffee as a "cup of joe."

Back