Multi leftie culturalism in Aussie Primary Schools! Making Voo Doo Dolls!!!

--
Boots

October 23rd, 2007  
Kiwi

Topic: Multi leftie culturalism in Aussie Primary Schools! Making Voo Doo Dolls!!!

I was shocked and lost of words today when my 10 year old nephew gives me a paper doll.

I asked him what was it about.

He explains to me they had a lesson on how to made "worry dolls".

I said tell me all about it.

He told me his primary school teacher got them to make paper dolls that represented the them the child, and when they are worried whisper the worry to the doll and put it under your pillow and go to sleep, in the morning the worry is gone because it gets trapped in the doll, and they never had to worry about things again.

I said who else do you tell your worry too? He said the teacher said "No one, its a secret".

I explained to him that I would be his worry doll and so is his mother and father not a paper poppet.

WTH are they thinking, one telling a 10 year old boy to keep worried thoughts secret from his parents and family, Two make Poppet Voo doo dolls and use them!

I rang the school and asked about this, they told me thats correct what the teacher had done, it was her culture.

See multi culturalism you get all the friggin nuts in this world bending young kids minds. Lucky my nephew is a smart one and still listens to us over some nutter.
October 23rd, 2007  
major liability

What's so bad about worry dolls? It's not like you can stick a pin through it and stab someone.

Though I agree with you that kids should be encouraged to share their worries with their parents.
October 23rd, 2007  
The Other Guy

me confused...
--
Boots
October 23rd, 2007  
Del Boy

It seems to me that multi-culturism only brings about permanent division. It should not be encouraged within our societies, I feel.
October 23rd, 2007  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy
It seems to me that multi-culturism only brings about permanent division. It should not be encouraged within our societies, I feel.
Since you are English can you name something cultural that is purely English, ie not influenced by your nations foreign history (Scandinavian, Norman, colonial conquest etc).

I would suspect that what you will discover is that almost every nation has become what it is today through multi-culturalism.
October 24th, 2007  
CrazyLilCajun

dang...thats messed up kiwi...theres alot of ppl from new orleans that believe in voodoo dolls and that kind of stuff....scary stuff lol
October 24th, 2007  
Kiwi

I can't get over the attitude they have. But good thing is that the Department of Education will review this teacher. They are far from happy with her too.

As I pointed out to them, it goes completely against many religions, and hidding worries from families is red flag.

@ major liability ,Child abusers play the same card.......shhhh let it be our secret
October 24th, 2007  
major liability

Secret? Kiwi I just said that I agree, children shouldn't keep their problems from their parents...
October 24th, 2007  
CrazyLilCajun

yeah kiwi...most schools are now very strict...im majoring in elementary education and you go through alot now just to get a B.A. in that...
October 24th, 2007  
Fox

Damn witchcraft things....