MTU problem

armlesscadet

duke of milforum slayer
Ok i got home from school today and i decided to play a few games of halo 2 on xbox live but whenever i tried to sign on it wouldnt connect so i went to troubleshooter and it said that my MTU was set to low and i needed to increase it. I have looked but i have been unable to find out where i go to change it so if anybody can help me i would be greatly appreciated

http://www.gamewinners.com/xbox/Xbox.htm

Xbox Live upload performance:
Adjusting the MTU settings on your router may give you a better upload rate. Go to your set up page and adjust the MTU setting to 1490. This is found on the filter settings on most routers. Microsoft recommends a setting of at least 1460. Raising it to 1490, then selecting apply and making sure it is enabled should increase your upload speed. Turn off your computer and power down the modem then the router, in that order. Wait for 60 to 90 seconds then plug in the modem and wait until it goes through the boot up process. Then, power up your router and turn on your computer. You should only have to do this one time. Then, go to the connect test on your Xbox and see if the upload has increased.

Hope that helps.

ok but how do i get into the setup page i dont have the cd for that so i cant do it that way and i cant find a switch on the router or modem

Back