MREs

Charge 7

Master Gunner
MREs have had many interpretations of the acronym other than "Meal Ready to Eat". One of the best known being "Meals Rejected by Ethiopians". After a successful raid of our chow truck in the piney woods of Fort Drum, NY by a band of black masked varmints my unit ever afterwards said it stood for "Meals Raccoons Eat".

One Canteen Cup of water

One pack MRE Coffee

One Pack MRE CoCao

One Pack MRE Creamer

One Pack MRE Sugar

Heat water add ingredients. MRE/Field Moca

03USMC said:
One Canteen Cup of water

One pack MRE Coffee

One Pack MRE CoCao

One Pack MRE Creamer

One Pack MRE Sugar

Heat water add ingredients. MRE/Field Moca

wow that almost makes MRE's soung appetizing... but from the posts above that doesn't seem to be the case

OK sounds good to me. For anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to try it, it's not bad. I suppose it tastes better when you're in a position to really appreciate its nuances (out in the boonies). The further you are away from real food, the better it tastes :lol:

i don't know what the MRE's were like for ya'll but going to boot and MCT in the last few months they weren't bad at all. i couldn't eat all three of them in one day but i had a daypack full of them at the end and got to eat all of the good stuff out of it.

as far as gettin stopped up there is no doubt that it is gonna happen. and when the dam breaks watch out.

Back