MRE's

when ive been with some french mountain rangers on a manouvre, they served little bottles of wine with their MREs

Pollux said:
when ive been with some french mountain rangers on a manouvre, they served little bottles of wine with their MREs

Wow, he was right. That's awesome, Sir. :lol: Alcohol and automatic weapons, sounds like a redneck's paradise.

And to answer all your question, Surf, I hope not.

Yeah, it'd be a pity if he didn't remove himself from the gene pool. Ah well, we've had some exploding MREs. BOOM. :rambo: :firedevi:

I still remember the group of men on an Air Force aircraft that decided to use the heaters to cook their MRE's while the plane was in flight:

Unfortunately, those 30 heaters produced enough gas to set off the planes explosive atmosphere indicator in the back...and the pilot, not knowing what was wrong with his plane, set it down for an emergency landing.

Not real funny. :(

I also remember the guys that was doing the MRE heater thing in the aluminum 3 By wall shelter...the two heaters had their gas set on fire by one of the guys cigarettes..kinda interesting to see them putting that mess out. :D

well LCDR_SurfWar is right; the bags take up less space, are lighter, are not as labor intesive to make, are designed to be a "flutter drop package" as proved in afganistan, and allow the user free plastic containes the are rough, tough, and can be made into many useful things.

Plus, when broken down further, the inner packages fit easily into the Pockets of the BDUs

well...no.

They give you this incredibly long spoon to eat them with now. Plus, the packages have two rip notches to lower the bag opening to a better level when eating.

My favorite thing with any one that had soft contents was to cut one corner out of the bag till it was just big enough to pass the contents, and just squeeze it into my mouth like toothpaste.

Then we had those guys that just ripped open the pouches and put it on the china to eat it. Boy were those guys strange!

:D

Thanks,i understand now.We here have a MRE beef stew "M-31-u"or something,its plenty of beef and much less everything else,i'd kill for it!!!
Nd it cost like 50 dinar's(1 USD)per portion. :lol:

Back