MRAP

800px-FPCougar.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AkoYAp9bts

Land Rover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K29zzV8iWXE

article-1199071-049606E90000044D-476_468x331.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Amusingly enough the article is insolent, the underlaying message is "buy US hardware for US wars - and buy it fast".

I say f*ck you US def industries, tendentional garbage.

well that is how most us press gos these days talks up them selves up to make you all feel secure...

i am not saying american stuff is bad but is it necessary to depict everything else as obsolete when a niche vehicle is made?

seriously it kind of doesn't do the american image any good it appears you are re assuring yourselves...

Amusingly enough the article is insolent, the underlaying message is "buy US hardware for US wars - and buy it fast".

I say f*ck you US def industries, tendentional garbage.
Saying that to the British who's people are in the Land Rovers kinda parallels Rumsfeld's We got HMMVs & we're staying with what we have comment.

Saying that to the British who's people are in the Land Rovers kinda parallels Rumsfeld's We got HMMVs & we're staying with what we have comment.

the brits have bought mine protected vehicles from a few places they brought the cougar some buggy thingy i cant remember the name of and the bushmaster... but they havent brought sufficient numbers of these vehicles but i do actually think that the land rovers provide better protection that the humvee...

I had a brief scim through because I had other things but from what I gathered this has become a concern over whether the vehicles can survive IED's? Now the issue is, armoured cars aren't really designed to survive massive explosions. And actually, I didn;t realise how big of an explosion an IED was until I saw video footage. It is huge! I'm not surprised armoured cars have difficulties surviving them, I'm sure a tank would have issues too. Armoured cars are purely more of a patrol vehicle opposed to an assaulting vehicle and for this reason they have little armour, whereas a tank is designed for the offensive roll so has better armour. The fact that armoured cars are suffering from these IED's doesn't surprise me at all. If anything, the thing that really annoys me is that people presume armoured cars should survive this because they apparently take on an offensive roll. Admittably some do but there isn't really what armoured cars are designed for and this is why I sometimes get annoyed with these reports.

Back