Mr. Bean's Holliday

phoenix80

Banned
Just saw this movie called " Mr. Bean's Holliday" tonight... Not really funny but it depends on individuals' taste though. I didnt like it so can't recommend it but if you're a Mr. Bean's fan you'd love it then

Aaah, P80, you've missed a classic series.

The lead "Blackadder" is played by Rowan Atkinson and he is depicted as both a medieval knight with his squire "Baldrick" (Tony Robinson) and also shown as an Upper Class British Army Officer during the First world War where Baldrick is his batman. In both cases blackadder is the classic coward.

I'll suffice to say that they both play very good parts and that you should not miss it if is shown in Canada.

Last edited:
Actually he plays 4 characters throughout the ages all from the same family, the earlist is a fool the last is quiet clever. However they are all cowards, and generally despicable. Every TV season is a new generation of the 'blackadder' family. Season 1 is under Richard III, Season II is the reign of Queen Elisabeth, Season III is during the 19th century and season IV is during WWI.

You are quite right Mmarsh, it is some time since I saw some of these episodes, but I now remember the Queen Elizabeth I series. No doubt my work has caused me to miss many episodes, but I look forward to catching up on them one day.

Actually he plays 4 characters throughout the ages all from the same family, the earlist is a fool the last is quiet clever. However they are all cowards, and generally despicable. Every TV season is a new generation of the 'blackadder' family. Season 1 is under Richard III, Season II is the reign of Queen Elisabeth, Season III is during the 19th century and season IV is during WWI.

Hehe you missed the Christmas special.

The series is well worth getting on DvD.

Another series I recommend is "Allo Allo" especially the first few seasons it did get a bit silly toward the end.

Aaah, P80, you've missed a classic series.

The lead "Blackadder" is played by Rowan Atkinson and he is depicted as both a medieval knight with his squire "Baldrick" (Tony Robinson) and also shown as an Upper Class British Army Officer during the First world War where Baldrick is his batman. In both cases blackadder is the classic coward.

I'll suffice to say that they both play very good parts and that you should not miss it if is shown in Canada.

Do you have a link to its shows?

blackadder goes forth was the WWI based one, and is my favourite

250px-Ba4.jpg

Baldrick; "whats the standard proceedure for stepping on a mine sir?"

Blackadder; "jump 200 ft in the air and scatter yourself over a large area"

i also remember being absolutely floored at the final episodes ending....unexpected and VERY powerful, seeing that it was coming from a "light comedy"
The final episode of this series, "Goodbyeee...", is known for being extraordinarily poignant for a comedy — especially the final scene, which sees the main characters (Blackadder, Baldrick, George, and Darling) finally venturing forward and charging off to die in the fog and smoke of no man's land. Melchett remains at his office but blithely orders a reluctant Darling to fight with the others. "Goodbyeee..." had no closing titles, simply fading from the protagonists charging across no man's land under fire, to a field of poppies in the sunlight: like the poem "In Flanders Fields". This particular poignant moment illustrates how the series had the capacity to be more than just a sit-com. In a list of the 100 Greatest British Television Programmes drawn up by the British Film Institute in 2000, voted for by industry professionals, Blackadder Goes Forth was placed 16th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackadder

Last edited:
Unfortunately no. My wife bought me one of the DVDs recently, and I am going to get the series when I next go to Port Pirie where there's an ABC shop.

blackadder goes forth was the WWI based one, and is my favourite

Yeah its turned out to be my favourite as well although the first 2-3 episodes really bored me but from then on it developed into an excellent series.

But anyway if you want to know more about Blackadder I suggest searching Youtube as it has a large number of clips.

Last edited:
How the war began

secret mession (feat. col. melchett)

sqn ldr Lord Flashheart (one for the flyboys)

Goggles on, chocks away, last one backs a homo

Hehe the Lord Flasheart episodes always crack me up, Rik Mayall has done some excellent comedy series as well, I really enjoyed "The New Stateman".

Blackadder was fantastic and allo allo is great! You can get up to and including series 5 of allo allo on dvd here in britain whereas with blackadder you can buy the whole boxed set for around forty quid(ish).

Blackadder was a coward in the 1st series but in the rest he was more cunning and canny than cowardly in the rest of the series

I have watched Blackadder since it began on PBS. I still DVR the re runs.
And... Mr. Bean's Holiday, although as odd as it was had me rolling on the floor. The scene in the square,.....OMG! Hilarious!

Dadsgirl

Mr Bean annoys me greatly, Rowan Atkinson is actually a brilliant actor as shown in his Black Adder series.

His WW1 series was excellent but I hated the last scene.

Hehe you missed the Christmas special.

The series is well worth getting on DvD.

Another series I recommend is "Allo Allo" especially the first few seasons it did get a bit silly toward the end.

P.s. last week the man that played Flash Heart on Blackadder died. This week, Nursie passed away. May they flirt forever!

P.p.s.not to be light hearted after that, but, "Allo Allo" was one of the funniest shows that I have seen. I still quote "good moaning" from it. Remember it very fondly
PBS is quite a plethora of giggles

Last edited:
Back