Mr. Bean's Holliday

Mr Bean annoys me greatly, Rowan Atkinson is actually a brilliant actor as shown in his Black Adder series.

His WW1 series was excellent but I hated the last scene.

I agree about Mr Bean I just don't really get it and don't find it funny but I do don't agree about the end scene for the series I think it was an apt way to wind up the show.

P.s. last week the man that played Flash Heart on Blackadder died. This week, Nursie passed away. May they flirt forever!

P.p.s.not to be light hearted after that, but, "Allo Allo" was one of the funniest shows that I have seen. I still quote "good moaning" from it. Remember it very fondly
PBS is quite a plethora of giggles

Ryk Mayall for me was best in the series the New Statesman although I suspect he will forever be known for his role in "The Young Ones".

I still think Officer Crabtree played by Arthur Bostrom was the funniest character in the show with the way he butchered the French language.

I agree about Mr Bean I just don't really get it and don't find it funny but I do don't agree about the end scene for the series I think it was an apt way to wind up the show.

It did emphasize the waste of British young men's lives, almost a whole generation slaughtered at the whim of senior officers who thought they were themselves doing "a damn fine job."

P.s. last week the man that played Flash Heart on Blackadder died. This week, Nursie passed away. May they flirt forever!

P.p.s.not to be light hearted after that, but, "Allo Allo" was one of the funniest shows that I have seen. I still quote "good moaning" from it. Remember it very fondly
PBS is quite a plethora of giggles

One of the funniest British TV series ever was "It aint half hot mum."

Last edited:
It did emphasize the waste of British young men's lives, almost a whole generation slaughtered at the whim of senior officers who thought they were themselves doing "a damn fine job."

And here is the final scene...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM"]Good Luck Everyone - Blackadder - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

I am pleased that they did not try and make the ending funny, I think for one of the funniest shows on TV is was an almost perfect way to end.

I am pleased that they did not try and make the ending funny, I think for one of the funniest shows on TV is was an almost perfect way to end.

I agree, but it brings to mind what my Granddad went through on the Somme with the Middlesex regiment.

One senior British Officer who had never been closer then 5 miles of the front line remarked when finally doing an inspection of a muddy water filled trench, "Good God, are you telling me the men live and fight in these conditions?"

Yea a Land fit for hero's who were tossed on the scrap heap after the war.

Last edited:
Back