MP7 A1 for german Officers

Nice weapon... if we fight the Soviets again...

As they say. Every Army is always equipped for the last war.

We're fighting an enemy that wears shirts and pants. Not Level IIII Kevlar Armor with SAPI Plates rated to stop three rounds of 7.62x51mm NATO.

What we need is a change in the mindset of projectiles. We need to start issuing our troops bonded rounds, jacket hallow points, soft tip lead, nosler ballistic tip, etc....

The whole steel core AP round is not working. The calibers are fine. The weapon platforms work, the projectiles suck.

And this rule of war crap does not apply. One, the USA did not sign the Hague Convention, two it only applies to nations that signed it and that are fighting each other, and three. It doesn't apply to a bunch of terrorist anyways even if a nation that did sign the Hague Convention because they are fighting terrorist. Not a Standing Uniformed Army.

The H&K MP7 and the FN Herstal P-90 are designs from the 1980s. Good idea back then.... bad for today.

I disagree, it is very good for urban terrain and thats what the modern warfare is all about. And the Scope is very good, in germany we call it '
'reflexpunktvisier' every G36 has one but the Mp7 A1 has the newest version.
And it is only for Officers self-defense, regular troops in germany have the G36 combat, G 36 K or AG36. And we now have the new light machine gun Mg 4 which is also very good for urban warfare compared to the Mg 3.

I think the entire concept of small-caliber PDWs is unnecessary. The Russians have the right idea, building 9mm guns that can handle hotter ammo so you get body armor penetration without sacrificing stopping power against unarmored targets. Plus, there's already a ton of 9mm Para ammo in the world's militaries so it's less of a logistics headache.

Edit: Oh yeah, also I've read somewhere that there is only a difference of 2dB between subsonic and standard ammo when using a suppressor with the MP7. Neat trick.

Last edited:
A red dot reflex sight.
And 5.56 is right. Why the hell do we care about all these damn rules anyway when the only ones sticking to the rules are the countries we don't fight against?

A red dot reflex sight.
Thx, thats it :) I'm very comfortable shotin' with it, it grants me very fast targeting and shoting very good for reflex-shoting which is very common in the German armed Forces. You dont have to close one eye and can (have to) watch the surroundings while aiming. For the regular troops theres also optics which allow effective shoting up to more then 1 km so if i don't have Snipers arround (G22) i may even use regular shoters as Sniper.

All of the current combat weapons use Red Dot or Reflex Sights. You can also use a regular set of iron peep sights like those found on the AR-15/M16 series with both eyes open. That is the benefit of peeps over v-notch sight.

But the idea of the PDW is not wrong, the ammunition that they use is also not wrong. It's just that the current situations we are finding ourselves in limit of the effectiveness of AP rounds. We're not fighting enemies with armour. We're fighting guys in shirts and sheets. We need the same stuff police and hunters use. Expanding Jacketed Hallow Points.

I have a deep seated respect for the German Military and their choices of weapons and equipment. I think I'll go with the flow on this one. I'm sure they have more qualified persons than I, who have already thought through all he pros and cons of this matter

I have a deep seated respect for the German Military and their choices of weapons and equipment. I think I'll go with the flow on this one. I'm sure they have more qualified persons than I, who have already thought through all he pros and cons of this matter

Thats pretty much where my views lie on this as well, but I think it worth remembering that they also invented this:

BOOK0043.jpg

:)

But I have no doubt you are correct in that they have thought long and hard about the pro's and con's of the equipment they issue.

Last edited:
Don't forget its only ment for squad or Platoon Leaders who have to give orders its mainly for self-defense... not ment for regular troops

Back