Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Sten Mk. ll

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Either will suffice

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
Due to the nature of this forum I feel it would not be entirely nessecary for me to have to post a enclyopedia worth of information about each weapon in this topic.

But very simple question, you are alive in the second World War and have the privlege to import or issue yourself either SMG.

So which do you choose?

They are different yes, but have many many similarities that can make this descion somewhat difficult.

Here is a visual aid for your descion making process.

StenMk22.jpg

Here is the world's famous Mk. ll

MP40.jpg

Now the also break through MP 40

Last edited:
If you bump both you'll be doing the SMG dance. Out of the two it's a little hard. The MP40 is a fine weapon platform. The Sten is made out of bed frame tubing and car springs. I like them both....

Having owned and used both I say there is no appreciable difference in the way they do their jobs.

If you want "looks" take the MP40 ifyou want something cheap and effective take the Sten.

If I were in “The Regiment” and operated behind the German lines, I'd choose an MP40.
If I was a “bubble head” and on beach recognisance, I’d choose a Sten Mk IIS.

I've never tried an MP40. But personally, I like the Sten.

The good thing about a Sten is that it also used 9mm ammuntion, I suppose you could just have saved your empty mags and simiply reloaded them if you found the time.

Mechaniclly they both seem simple, which another plus for either platform.

Difficult choice

Back