Movies and Military Ceremonies - Page 2

--

January 11th, 2005  
03USMC

My wife and oldest daughter will not even watch Military or Police based Movies or TV Dramas with me anymore. I drive them up a tree with my comments.
January 11th, 2005  
Kane

Quote:
While military, or even general accuracy is nice in movies/shows - it's important to remember, they are just entertainment.
Basically yes. However, it depends on the intentions. It can be used to persuade.
January 11th, 2005  
Charge 7

I'm with 03USMC. I drive friends and relatives nuts with my picking apart war movies. "Hey that captain has his railroad tracks on sideways." "Shutup!"

It used to be worse. I still remember coming home to my parents house one day and my nephew who was about 6 at the time said "Oh no! Uncle ___ is here! We gotta watch WAR movies!!"
--
January 11th, 2005  
03USMC

I get the "eye roll" long sigh and......." It's a Movieeeeeeeee!!!!"
January 11th, 2005  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
I get the "eye roll" long sigh and......." It's a Movieeeeeeeee!!!!"
Good to know I'm not the only one.
January 11th, 2005  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
it's humourous. Watching Bruce Willis, 50 year old highly trained Navy SEAL Lt walk around the jungle with his optics on backwards for the majority of the mission - was very funny.
Other memorable military movie moments were from the Rambo movies where Sylvester Stalone reloaded his M-72 LAW just by pushing it in and pulling it out again..
Or when he fired an RPG from inside a helicopter..
or, or, or......
January 11th, 2005  
FO Seaman

The most accrate movie I've seen is Band of Brothers.

Some movies are just annoying. I get in trouble trying to tell my family or friends whats right and wrong.

Also, as someone said before some conpanies don't have the money to be corrrect and hire people like Cpt. Dale Dye and the is a law that says that non-military persons can't wear certain ranks, insignia, ect.....
January 11th, 2005  
CABAL

It is the same thing as a person commenting or critisizing a movie out loud and during the movie.

Keeping the mouth shut can prevent angry agitations and hostilities.
January 11th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

[quote="Cabal"][quote]WELL CHEVRONS ARE MISPLACED IN THE WRONG POSITION AND THE SALUTES MAKE ME WANT TO DESTROY THE TV
Quote:

Strange. Remember the TV show's name? What is it about?
Yea it was on Stargate SG-1, but since the new Atlantis one is Civilian operated they do not make 2 mistakes on one day
January 11th, 2005  
CABAL

Stargate SG-1 is not intended to be realistic. It's science fiction. You should know that.

Curious, are you among one of the many bizaare Stargate fans out there?