Movie Title this quote is from, help!!!

nick chorny

Drill Sergeant confronts recruit or similar:
Do you like me?
You know what they say:
Likin' leads to lovin' and
Lovin' leads to f**in'
Are you tryin' to f** me?

I don't think it is Hamburger Hill. I must of seen this movie a thousand times, and I don't remember anyone saying this. In the scene you are talking about Doc says:

"If you want to make it out of this f-cking place you will listen to people who know. You be an individual, and I'll be tagging your ugly, toothless face straight on its way to a long box with metal handles. Now brush your teeth in a rapid vertical motion!"

I got to see this movie again... I know the scene yer talkin about and its another I am thinking of, I can actually hear that actor saying it.

Hi, It's Nick again, thanks for the last few replys. I also watched the DVD of Hamburger Hill, and the dialogue I posted is not in it. I'll continue to keep checking. I hope someone can help. Thanks again.

it may be from full metal jacket...ask full metal jacket bout that, its his username so he must have the whole script memorized....

I believe I can be a bit helpful.
The actual quote should be "liking leads to lovin.. lovin leads to ****ing.. and no one ****s Warren".
But then again don't ask me where that is from.

That is Gunnery Sergeant Hartman speaking there, sounds like him alright. ;)

Last edited:
I'm stumped on this one. It's definitely not Full Metal Jacket or Hamburger Hill. I have seen, what I would say, quite a lot of movies and I have never heard this quote in any of them. You sure it was in a movie?

Back