Movie Title this quote is from, help!!!

Well, let's try narrowing this down a bit, shall we? Anything WWII and before, I think, is out of the question. Korean era seems like a no-go aswell. That leaves us with anything from the Vietnam era to the present. As far as 'Nam movies go, we have:
  • Apocalypse Now
  • Full Metal Jacket
  • The Green Berets
  • Go Tell the Spartans
  • Hamburger Hill
  • We Were Soldiers
  • The Siege of Firebase Gloria
  • Platoon
  • The Hanoi Hilton
  • 84 Charlie Mopic
  • Faith of my Fathers
  • Purple Hearts
  • The Boys in Company C
  • Platoon Leader
  • Casualties of War
  • The Deer Hunter
Now, we can rule out Hamburger Hill and Full Metal Jacket right off the bat. We can also get rid of The Green Berets, We Were Soldiers, The Siege of Firebase Gloria, Platoon, Faith of my Fathers, Platoon Leader, Casualties of War, and The Deer Hunter because I have seen all of these movies and the said quote fails to appear in any of them. I've seen bits and pieces of Apocalypse Now. From what I have seen, I doubt it's in there. I assume we can cross out The Hanoi Hilton in addition due to the fact that it is a POW flick. That leaves us with the following list:
  • Go Tell the Spartans
  • 84 Charlie Mopic
  • Purple Hearts
  • The Boys in Company C
For some reason, I don't think it's Go Tell the Spartans or 84 Charlie Mopic. Go Tell the Spartans is about a unit of American military advisors in Vietnam and 84 Charlie Mopic is about a camera team following an Army unit. That leaves us with Purple Hearts and The Boys in Company C, both of which feature none other than R Lee Ermey. And it just so happens that Ermey was a DI in The Boys in Company C. If I was a betting man, which I am, I'd put my money down on The Boys in Company C.

Hi, Nick here again. I watched The Boys in Company C. It came close to my posted quote but not quite the same. It went something like this:
You like me? I like you sir! You love me? Yes sir I love you! Good maybe we get married someday. Of course there may be a different version of the movie. I had a hard time finding it. Later...

to: The Cooler King, Re The Boys in Company C. I checked all the video stores around the area and finally found it in a small town video rental store. VHS old and very used. The guy sold it to me. It may be coming out on DVD soon???

I haven't seen anything about it comming out on DVD. I guess we'll have to wait and see. How'd you like it anyway? I heard it was a lot like Full Metal Jacket.

Back