Movie stars of WW2 - Page 2

--

August 22nd, 2009  
heaven1102

Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.

demande simulation pret personnel en ligne - Pret personnel en ligne et de comparer les meilleurs taux afin de... La demande de prêt personnelen lignedemande simulation pret personnel en ligne
August 22nd, 2009  
A Can of Man

I've said it before and I'll say it again, John Wayne is a hypocrite and no different from the "re-enactors" of today who buy "high speed" gear and pretend they were in some battle in Iraq etc., talking like they are some kind of elite warrior due to their airsoft "combat experience" while people their own age are out there getting shot at and blown up.
If you didn't even try to join, at least shut up.
September 11th, 2009  
gman992

Leslie Howard--Gone with the Wind--shot down by the Germans 1 June 1943.
--
December 29th, 2009  
audiesdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I've said it before and I'll say it again, John Wayne is a hypocrite and no different from the "re-enactors" of today who buy "high speed" gear and pretend they were in some battle in Iraq etc., talking like they are some kind of elite warrior due to their airsoft "combat experience" while people their own age are out there getting shot at and blown up.
If you didn't even try to join, at least shut up.
Amen!
I know a few myself!
December 29th, 2009  
audiesdad

How about let's not forget the following:
David Niven was a Brit Commando, rank of Major, and not unlike “Guns of Navarrone” actually led several raids against German installations on islands in the Mediterranian during WW2 and was very highly decorated.
Also, lets not forget Ernest Borgnine who was Navy from 1934-45.
George Kennedy who served under Patton in WW2.
Charles Bronson who served in the Air Corps as did Russell Johnson, the “Professor” from Gilligan’s Island who received the Purple Heart, as well as James Arness of “Gunsmoke” who got the Purple Heart at Anzio.
Eddie Albert from “Green Acres” Bronze Star as a Naval Officer at Tarawa.
Jonathan Winters as a Marine in the South Pacific as well as Don Adams “Get Smart” Purple Heart as a Marine at Guadalcanal.
Jimmy Stewart was a B-17 pilot and stayed in the Reserves and retired as a Brigadier General. Incidentally, his adopted son (from his wife’s previous marriage) was a Marine Lt. who was KIA in Vietnam.
Lastly, Jason Robards served on a Destoyer in the South Pacific,and was I and saw quite a bit of Naval action. He was also stationed at Pearl during the attack on Dember 7th, but was at sea and missed the attck.