Movie best represents Vietnam War

View Poll Results :which movie best sums up the Vietnam war for you?
rambo 1 2.04%
apocalypse now 3 6.12%
casulties of war 0 0%
full metal jacket 5 10.20%
we were soldiers 27 55.10%
platoon 13 26.53%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

January 13th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Topic: Movie best represents Vietnam War

i just watched full metal jacket and it got me to thinking, what movie do you think best represents or sums up a conflict?

and i'm going to start with vietnam....

sorry if i missed any movies but feel free to post them!
January 13th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: let me think of this

When we were soldiers..............

I never really took notice of vietnam war to be honest.....but when i saw this fil, the emotions mel gibson went through the story line was unfolded more on general custor or how ou spell his name.

The films you mentioned all have different aspects to vietnam, but i'd still say when we were soldiers as it is more emotional and tells the story a lil more direct, and why it happened
January 13th, 2005  
Charge 7

Another Vietnam movie I liked (though the charactors are never shown there) is "Gardens of Stone". Real nice showing of what senior leaders feel like training young men for war and the aftermath of that service. It gets lost a bit in the love angle but makes the sacrifices paid seem tangible.
--
Boots
January 14th, 2005  
Italian Guy

How bout PREDATOR ???
January 14th, 2005  
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
How bout PREDATOR ???
i dont think that was even anywhere near vietnam
January 14th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
How bout PREDATOR ???
i dont think that was even anywhere near vietnam
Well I think so, indeed.
Actually some say it was set in Viet Nam, while others say it was in Central America. anyone knows more? Or maybe this is going off- topic here.
January 14th, 2005  
Charge 7

All those Spanish speaking guys in the helicopter scene at the end might give ya a clue he he.

Yeah it is
January 14th, 2005  
03USMC

Que Paso?
January 14th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

I know there are a few in the 101st who would be offended because Hamburger Hill wasn't on there.

The special effects and acting of that movie are not the greatest, but it sure depicts the type of struggle, socially and military related, that soldiers went through in the ashaw valley.
January 15th, 2005  
Vitaly

What about Tigerland? Does that have any truth to it?