Movie best represents Vietnam War - Page 5

View Poll Results :which movie best sums up the Vietnam war for you?
rambo 1 2.04%
apocalypse now 3 6.12%
casulties of war 0 0%
full metal jacket 5 10.20%
we were soldiers 27 55.10%
platoon 13 26.53%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

August 20th, 2005  
Corocotta

I did not vote for any of them. I will say APOCALYPSE NOW, great movie
August 20th, 2005  
rotc boy

may i ask who voted for rambo?
August 20th, 2005  
recondo_fr

to me, have a prefenrence for HAMBURGER HILL & GARDENS OF STONE that are two different sights of that bloody war; honor, friendship, courage, bravery... basics for a soldier

--
Boots
September 14th, 2005  
ironhorseredleg

I voted We Were Soldiers, but I think Hamburger Hill takes Platoon about 3 steps further into the reality of war. Having said that, I've never been in war. However, my 10 years in the military, and conversations I've with my dad who was in Korea and Vietnam, leads me to these decisions. I also think that Saving Private Ryan, does a a good job of taking the audience through the personal struggles of soldiers at war. You do what you're supposed to do because you believe there is a bigger reason that makes your situation necessary.
September 14th, 2005  
king_garwal

We Were Soldiers, definately. But I actually prefer the book to the film because it goes way more in depth.
September 14th, 2005  
phoenix80

Deer Hunter
September 15th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_aim54
Deer Hunter

god....how did i forget that one
September 15th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot_II
In my opinion, We were Soldiers is a kinda sad movie, you know all those men died for nothing, and Vietnam continued on. I dont know much about Vietnam, but I do know that it was really long and a lot of guys didnt come home.
I think that no war that our forces and her allies fought in were worthless. The fight of freedom is just that.

Luis (5.56X45MM)
September 15th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

My Dad's the Vietnam Vet and every film depicting Vietnam sends him into a long lecture about how ridiculous and inaccurate the film was. All except one I am aware of. That was Platoon. That movie made him cry (a very very rare thing indeed.) I think that speaks for itself. That also nails my vote.
September 16th, 2005  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
My Dad's the Vietnam Vet and every film depicting Vietnam sends him into a long lecture about how ridiculous and inaccurate the film was. All except one I am aware of. That was Platoon. That movie made him cry (a very very rare thing indeed.) I think that speaks for itself. That also nails my vote.
I think I can understand those sentiments and most ordinary people think the REAL WAR is what they see in Hollywood movies. SIGH!

War is not what we see in hollywood movies.