Movie best represents Vietnam War

which movie best sums up the Vietnam war for you?

• rambo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • apocalypse now

• casulties of war

• full metal jacket

• platoon

• Total voters
to me, have a prefenrence for HAMBURGER HILL & GARDENS OF STONE that are two different sights of that bloody war; honor, friendship, courage, bravery... basics for a soldier

:salute2:

I voted We Were Soldiers, but I think Hamburger Hill takes Platoon about 3 steps further into the reality of war. Having said that, I've never been in war. However, my 10 years in the military, and conversations I've with my dad who was in Korea and Vietnam, leads me to these decisions. I also think that Saving Private Ryan, does a a good job of taking the audience through the personal struggles of soldiers at war. You do what you're supposed to do because you believe there is a bigger reason that makes your situation necessary.

Patriot_II said:
In my opinion, We were Soldiers is a kinda sad movie, you know all those men died for nothing, and Vietnam continued on. I dont know much about Vietnam, but I do know that it was really long and a lot of guys didnt come home.

I think that no war that our forces and her allies fought in were worthless. The fight of freedom is just that.

Luis (5.56X45MM)

My Dad's the Vietnam Vet and every film depicting Vietnam sends him into a long lecture about how ridiculous and inaccurate the film was. All except one I am aware of. That was Platoon. That movie made him cry (a very very rare thing indeed.) I think that speaks for itself. That also nails my vote.

godofthunder9010 said:
My Dad's the Vietnam Vet and every film depicting Vietnam sends him into a long lecture about how ridiculous and inaccurate the film was. All except one I am aware of. That was Platoon. That movie made him cry (a very very rare thing indeed.) I think that speaks for itself. That also nails my vote.

I think I can understand those sentiments and most ordinary people think the REAL WAR is what they see in Hollywood movies. SIGH!

War is not what we see in hollywood movies.

godofthunder9010 said:
My Dad's the Vietnam Vet and every film depicting Vietnam sends him into a long lecture about how ridiculous and inaccurate the film was.

Please, stand aside and let the man who lived it have his say. Thanks for your Dad, I hope we never forget.

Back