MOUT: Wheeled or Tracked APCs???

You mean b the M113A2 with a Cadillac Gage turret and a 105mm Cockerill and a FCS.

They now have the MGS, its going throught Amry testing, but its pretty cool 105mm Main gun, Stryker chassis, Auto loader, crews 2.

Why does everybody think that wheeled armoured vehicles will be crippled with flats. Here is a quote taken directly from the Australian Army Website
( http://www.army.gov.au/ ) about the Australian Service Light Armoured Vehicle (ASLAV).

The ASLAV has excellent battlefield mobility, as all wheels are equipped with a solid-core secondary tyre next to the hub, allowing the vehicle to function even with eight flat tyres.

No, for the M113 upgrade or (TLAV) it has a turret which is capable for 50.cal with a 7.62 coaxial...

I don't even think the M113 can mount a 90mm or 105mm gun. Even if it could it would be a terrible system as M113s are prone to rollovers.

Cadet Airman Adam Seaman said:
You mean b the M113A2 with a Cadillac Gage turret and a 105mm Cockerill and a FCS.

They now have the MGS, its going throught Amry testing, but its pretty cool 105mm Main gun, Stryker chassis, Auto loader, crews 2.

Yup; Canada's picking a few of those up too, only as our main AFV; the black hats are screaming bloody mary over it. Seems like a decent light tank...but I don't think it has the staying power needed for Urban fire fights. Mind you I am by no means an expert.

PS: I think the crew is three Driver, Gunner, Commander; but I could be wrong.

Back