Mountain Tab

Easy-8

patch_mountaintab.jpg

I don't know much about this tab other than it exists, so I would like to as three questions about it:

1. What date was this tab created?
2. What training do you have to go to earn it?
3. Do you have to be in the 10th Mountain Division to have it?

It is my understanding that the 10th Mountain Division is the only unit authorized to wear the tab. They wear it for traditional reasons much like the 101st who still wears the "Airborne" tab.

It is my understanding that the 10th Mountain Division is the only unit authorized to wear the tab. They wear it for traditional reasons much like the 101st who still wears the "Airborne" tab.

I thought so too for many years. (My first unit was A 1/87 IN at Drum)
Years later, when leaving Iraq, My unit was replaced by the PA national guard. I think most of us have seen the "keystone" patch, There is a Infantry Company with these guys that wore the Mountain tab in conjunction with said patch, seems they really do train in mountain warfare.

I thought so too for many years. (My first unit was A 1/87 IN at Drum)
Years later, when leaving Iraq, My unit was replaced by the PA national guard. I think most of us have seen the "keystone" patch, There is a Infantry Company with these guys that wore the Mountain tab in conjunction with said patch, seems they really do train in mountain warfare.

Rams Head Course thru the NYANG?

I know of a NG BCT wearing a mountian tab. They are from the east coast. We called it the "jeigermister patch" because it had a big buck on it.

I know of a NG BCT wearing a mountian tab. They are from the east coast. We called it the "jeigermister patch" because it had a big buck on it.

Never seen that one, however there's been so many changes in the past few years in regard to unit patches I wonder if it was the same guys I saw with a new patch.

They have a course that awards a rams head badge for mountain warfare. Ithe badge is only authorized for the NG and the course ain't no joke.

I'm I'm looking at that BDU sew-on version correctly, Looks like it just might go over the nametape rather then the U.S. army tape.

Since it's a non authorized outside the VTARNG, could be Bloody Bucket has a locally authorized Moutain Tab as a replacement or something. Dunno.

Back