motto of the waffen ss

Alright, that's enough. This thread was originally about a unit motto, not a history fight about the SS. Waffen or otherwise.

Understood?

"Meine Ehre heißt Treue"

Literary it means "My honour is called loyalty" but the meaning is closer "My honour is loyalty"

Motto/saying comes from Hitler's letter to SS kommendant Kurt Daluegelle in 1931. There was sentence-ending "...SS-man, your loyalty is your honour" and Heinrich Himmler took that sentence from letter and came up with that motto.

btw; that motto is forbidden and punishable by law in Germany and Austria even today

The books are written by the victorious... Try studying some Soviet encouters with the SS as well.

"Meine Ehre heißt Treue"

Literary it means "My honour is called loyalty" but the meaning is closer "My honour is loyalty"

Motto/saying comes from Hitler's letter to SS kommendant Kurt Daluegelle in 1931. There was sentence-ending "...SS-man, your loyalty is your honour" and Heinrich Himmler took that sentence from letter and came up with that motto.

btw; that motto is forbidden and punishable by law in Germany and Austria even today

And rightly so, I don't need no Nazi dumbf***s walking my streets.
And warlord16: that's because the US didn't step into the ring until 1942, when the Nazis already had lost the war on the Eastern Front. The first encounters of US soldiers with Germans took place in Northern Africa at the end of 1942. And, well...what Yossarian said. History is written by the victor.

Back