Motto of the Ordnance EOD unit:

Pogue

"If you see me running, try and keep up"

EOD is "Exlosive Ordnance Disposal", so they are essentially bomb defusers. :D

LOL If an explosive device goes off next to you, you'd better hope God's on your side! :lol:

Bombsquad.jpg

I had to post this one here! :D :D

EOD's official motto is actually "Initial Success or Total Failure." The quote above was used on Tee-shirts and other items, all over with military and civilian disposal units. They usually read "I am a Bomb Technician, if you see me running, it would be a good idea to try and keep up."

Motto of the Ordnance EOD unit

I don't know whether it is true or not, but I read years ago that the EOD School at Indian Head, Maryland had this motto over it's entrance: "Our Men Are Scattered All Over The World". Macabre, but funny! :rock:

Actually the unoffical motto is "Intial Sucess or Total Failure" with Navy EOD but they removed it as insensitive,

Per Scientiam Servita (Service thru Knowledge) is the offical.

eodschol.gif

eod_initial_success_card-p137049264274270216z85p0_400.jpg

Last edited:
There is a movement afoot to bring back the "Initial Success or Total Failure" motto to NAVSCOLEOD.

The Navy is the only group out of the 4 to dump the motto, and only on orders from an Admiral, and only at NAVSCOLEOD.

Even the Navy Techs are upset.

The Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps do not use "Service thru Knowledge".
NAVSCOLEOD does.

The "Junk In The Sun"
eod_school_sticker-p217975752707623625z85xz_400.jpg

symbol on the NAVSCOLEOD emblem is service specific. The Junk: Torpedo, Aerial Bomb, Sea Mine, Navy Standard Missile.

Last edited:
We are pushing the United States Congress hard to fix the mistake made by Rear Admiral Tillotson

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hres624ih/html/BILLS-112hres624ih.htm

And I do believe that EOD Techs have the gas in Washington D.C. right now to get this done.

Admiral Tillotson painted himself into a corner when he ordered that the motto be stripped from every building, wall, and structure at the new school, because he said Failure is not an option.

And yet Bomb Technicians can do everything right and still end up with their names on the EOD Memorial, that is why the Motto is Initial Success or Total Failure. It is because of the gravity of the situation, how life and death swing in the balance.

Tillotson may be an EOD Tech, but, he has very few friends left in the EOD Community, even in the Navy.

This may be the death knell to his military career, turning an otherwise remarkable military career into an infamous military career.

As a Marine I was always impressed with the level of training the USN EOD's had, and always wondered why we didn't train to that standard.

As a Nasty Girl working with USN EOD I was always embarrassed.

I don't know whether it is true or not, but I read years ago that the EOD School at Indian Head, Maryland had this motto over it's entrance: "Our Men Are Scattered All Over The World". Macabre, but funny! :rock:

Wasn't there every time I was at Indian Head.
And besides, EOD calls EOD Techs "EOD Techs" as both men and woman perform EOD duties.

Any would-be sign would have read "Our Technicians"

EOD in israel..
People with a heart of gold, silver beret and platinum foot :)))

"The border will be declared when the enginners get tired".

Last edited:
Back