Mother of murdered Marine Jan Pawel Pietrzak writes Obama for help

Venom PL

Mother of murdered marine Jan Pawel Pietrzak and daugther-in-law writes Obama for help

BY CORKY SIEMASZKO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 3:47 PM

amd_pietrzak_pic.jpg

"Dear President-elect Barack Obama, they killed my son."

So begins a wrenching letter by the mother of murdered Brooklyn Marine Sgt. Jan Pawel Pietrzak, published Wednesday in a Polish newspaper.
In it, Henryka Pietrzak-Varga asked Obama for help in getting to the bottom of the murders of her son and daughter-in-law, Quiana. Police say four other Marines killed them both - but not before raping Quiana.

"Death at war at the hands of an enemy is, for a soldier, a patriotic honor," the heartbroken mom wrote in Polish.

"That fact alone enables his family to come to grips with the loss. The death of a soldier in his country and at the hands of his own soldiers ... is a source of endless suffering for his family."

The Pietrzaks were tortured - and Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak was raped - before they were bound, gagged and killed execution style last month in their California home.

"Their lives were taken in a bestial way," Pietrzak-Varga wrote in the letter in the Dziennik Wschodni newspaper. "My son's wife was raped in a bestial way, most likely as my son looked on helplessly."

Prosecutors say robbery was the motive, but neither family believes it - though they have stopped short of calling it a hate crime.
Pietrzak, 24, who was born in Poland and raised in Bensonhurst, was white. His 26-year-old wife, who grew up near San Diego, was black. So are the four accused Marines.

"If it was a robbery, why didn't they come when nobody was home instead of in the dead of night - armed to the teeth?" Pietrzak-Varga wrote.
"Why did this happen? What motivated them? What was it about my son and daughter-in-law that inspired such hatred and loathing?"

Two of the four Marines served under Pietrzak, an Iraq War veteran, at Miramar Marine Corps Air Station in San Diego. They were charged last week with murder and rape.

Investigators are also checking whether one of the accused Marines, Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, had ties to the violent Crips gang.

The Pietrzaks had been married for just two months when they were murdered on Oct. 15. Their bodies were at the morgue when the wedding photos they planned to send with the thank-you cards arrived at their house.

A friend of Pietrzak family said the grieving mother wrote to Obama because her son and daughter-in-law admired the Democrat and voted for him a day before they were killed.

Pietrzak-Varga composed the letter on Veteran's Day. She described how they emigrated from Poland in 1994, how her son enlisted at age 17 after 9/11, how she raised him to be a good American. "He wanted to defend America," she wrote.

Pietrzak-Varga also said her daughter-in-law's parents need closure. "They need to know why she, as a soldier's wife, was killed," she wrote.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...mother_of_murdered_marine_jan_pawel_piet.html

How did these f***ers get into the Marine Corps ?

What are the enlisting criteria in the US Marine Corps ? Eg. In Poland applicants with a criminal history cannot serve in the Polish Armed Forces.

I hope all four are going to be sentenced to death.

Venom

One of the many victims of the Iraq War has been standards. Due to the increased pressure for new recruits the military has dropped many of its standards of screening candidates. Currently people with Criminal Records (for minor crimes), mental/social problems, and shady backgrounds (street gangs) are being allowed in where in the past they would have been banned. I am sorry to say this unfortunate incident is neither the first nor the last.

I have no proof to back this next part up as its just an feeling, but I suspect to motive was probably robbery, and not a hate crime. Any Police Officer will tell you that Home invasions do happen, can result in violence, and are often committed by gangs. Its a more likely and more common motive.

I hope they get the DP. They have already admitted their involvement, and now blaming each other as to him actually committed the rape and murder.

Last edited:
Hearing from mates who were coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan who spent time in Kuwait at US bases, they said there was 1 rape a week reported and that walking past US soldiers who were off duty and in civilian clothes was like walking in a gangland ghetto.

Back