The most realistic military sim ever

It was real, but I think they left out Standing in Lines, oh the lines, the lines, is there no end?:cheers:

Did anyone read the comments to the spoof of CODMW3? Idiots, absolute idiots. I love that some of the kids actually think that "real" war is like the other COD games, when in fact it is just hours and hours of BS. I would pay anything to see the look on the googly eyed kid thinking combat is all glory and fun when he gets in theater and realizes, for the most part, it's scanning the road for hours on end trying to dodge the IED that's going to kill you...among other things.

From what I gather (I know this thread is more haha funny funny) this is as actual a sim you can find...

http://www.flashpointgame.com/

There is plenty of just hiking for miles, scanning for hours, and so on. It's not really a game but a simulator...In other words it can get rather boring...

Not at all, I ran Arma just fine on my- Old HP Asus board, 2.4 GHZ AMD x2, 3 gigs of ram @ 533mhz, custom copper cooler with fan with way to much voltage going to it, 250 gig hard drive, Lightscribe multi drive, and a XFX Nvidia G Force 8600 GTS XXX overclocked. In fact I was able to turn settings up to full, w/o anti aliasing and VD set at 1200m.

You can build a system exactly like this for around 200 to 300 dollars....lol.

For 600 to a 1000 you could have a full blown gaming rig.

It's way less expensive than you think. It only becomes expensive if you fall for the name brands that are crap, and over price their crap.

Interesting.
I might get a desktop that can run some good **** in two months. Got any makers you recommend? Something that will run ARMA2

Interesting.
I might get a desktop that can run some good **** in two months. Got any makers you recommend? Something that will run ARMA2

I have a maker it's called me...... I charge 100$ over for a build plus shipping from the parts store, and shipping to you. I'm totally serious, and I'm bored atm so I'll compile a list for a low grade, and mid grade PC both which would play Arma2 on high settings w/o anti aliasing.

Low Grade-

Cooler Master RC-310-BWN1-GP Elite 310 Mid-Tower Case - ATX, mATX $39.99

AMD Athlon II X2 245 Dual Core Processor ADX245OCGQBOX - 2.90GHz, Socket AM3, 2MB Cache, 2000MHz (4000 MT/s), Retail $64.99

ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard - AMD 785G Socket, AM3, MicroATX, HDMI, USB 2.0, PCIe
$79.99

XFX GT240XZNFC GeForce GT 240 Video Card - 1024MB DDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI, HDMI, VGA
$89.99

Cooler Master Silent Pro M600 Modular 600-Watt ATX Power Supply - 80 Plus, Modular
$69.99

Crucial Ballistix 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (2 x 2048MB)
$119.99

Western Digital WD2500AAKS Caviar Blue Hard Drive - 3.5", 7200 RPM, SATA 3G, 250GB, 16MB Cache
$47.99

Lite-On IHAS424-98 Internal DVD Writer - DVD+R 24X, DVD-R 24X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, Lightscribe
$29.99

Total of $542.92 in parts.

Something like this would be comparable to a computer at a store for $1,500.00

clearpixel.gif

clearpixel.gif

clearpixel.gif

clearpixel.gif

My mate has a PS3 and sometimes we just get a few beers and cruisers and muck around on the PS3.

He has Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Operation Flashpoint 2 and Call of Duty World at War.

Mw2 is actually pretty sweet, I mean sure it is extremely unrealistic, like the fact you can call in a B2 to bomb the top of a building while it flies really low, or that you can dual fire P90s but its still pretty fun

Back