Most Powerful Nation Ever...

Kirill K said:
LeatherNeckRVA you are wrong to say that USA was the only one with the A bomb. USSR also had the A bomb but they weren't ready to cowardly drop them on Japanese or Germans. I say the USA took a cowardly way out by dropping the A-bombs. Also you should learn that USSR had the most superiority in the water, and is still does. USA hasnt gone throw wut USSR did during the WW2. If you look at the army strength before the WW2,USSR was the strongest nation, with it's Red Army be its side, it was unstoppable as proved during the WW2.

If it hadn't been for US aid during Lend-Lease the USSR would probably not exist. No one nation won WW2 by themselves.

Kirill K said:
LeatherNeckRVA you are wrong to say that USA was the only one with the A bomb. USSR also had the A bomb but they weren't ready to cowardly drop them on Japanese or Germans. I say the USA took a cowardly way out by dropping the A-bombs. Also you should learn that USSR had the most superiority in the water, and is still does. USA hasnt gone throw wut USSR did during the WW2. If you look at the army strength before the WW2,USSR was the strongest nation, with it's Red Army be its side, it was unstoppable as proved during the WW2.

Woah! We had the A-Bomb before 1949? I knew it! those pigs lied to us, we didin't need to steal it from america, because apparently we had it all along. seriously, c'mon now. Cowardly to drop the bomb, eh? Well lets look at the projections 2,000,000 japanese dead and 1,000,000 american wounded if japan invaded. 200,000 japanese dead if drop the bomb. I see a BIG difference in numbers here.

"Also you should learn that USSR had the most superiority in the water, and is still does."
superiority, hmm thats a big word. you sure the russian element of you knows what you are talking about? Are you saying "Kuznetsov" alone can take on the US fleet of aircraft carriars? All of a sudden I fell this big Russian Pride thing arise insede of me.

drilldownmaster2004 said:
Woah! We had the A-Bomb before 1949? I knew it! those pigs lied to us, we didin't need to steal it from america, because apparently we had it all along. seriously, c'mon now. Cowardly to drop the bomb, eh? Well lets look at the projections 2,000,000 japanese dead and 1,000,000 american wounded if japan invaded. 200,000 japanese dead if drop the bomb. I see a BIG difference in numbers here.

"Also you should learn that USSR had the most superiority in the water, and is still does."
superiority, hmm thats a big word. you sure the russian element of you knows what you are talking about? Are you saying "Kuznetsov" alone can take on the US fleet of aircraft carriars? All of a sudden I fell this big Russian Pride thing arise insede of me.

You will have to forgive our Russian friend here, the thought using tactics in battle is beyond them, they prefer to toss their soldiers into a meat grinder until the enemy eventually runs out of bullets.

Yes the USSR was so superior to the US, that explains why the USSR does not exest anymore while the US is now the unrivaled super power in the world.

drilldownmaster2004 said:

Operation Downfall, the proposed invasion of Japan, would have caused massive casualties on both sides and I think the numbers on both sides would have been better than the 2.1 ratio you stated for Japanese troops because of the nature of the terrain that the US Armies would have to fight on. 70% of Japan is hilly or mountainous which would help negate the massive US superiority in armor for example. Plus the individual Japanese soldier was very well trained and extremely motivated. It would have been a bloodbath that's for sure. Here's a reliable link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall

Ok, all i have to say is that right now Russia has good technology and avaition, with amazing power on water. But on the other hand USA is equally strong. So i say Russia, and USA are the two most strongest nations right now.

Russia has good tech on the drawing board, but they do not have the resources to build them and they use old tech of 20 years of age

Russia (and the rest of the former Soviet Union) has some brilliant technical minds. One of my favorite aircraft is the SU-47 -- very nice fighter.

Yet the former Soviet Union, when it comes to non-military technology, is not exactly leading the world in much of anything. For instance, if I was a good quality car, I'm not going to buy Russian. If I want to buy a top-of-the-line personal computer, I don't think I'd buy Russian. Lots of other examples, but I think you get the idea. Its in those areas, and actually producing things, that the former USSR has some catching up to do.

Just checked out the website for the 101st airbourne assault division at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. Wow! It blew me away on how big that place is.

The thought of all that firepower and technology!!!! And that is just one of many bases in the US and its not even the biggest.

I'm glad aussie is an ally and not an enemy of the US!!!!!!

Re: Drill downmaster would u call this 20 year old tech.

Kirill K said:
Go to this site, and tell me how this is the 20 year old technology that we use??
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/military/2001/1/russian_fighter_plane/

or

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/dvdynamics/russian1.html

And they do have the resources to build them althought USA is lackin the security to stop their own planes from flying into buildings.

How many can they build? How soon can they build? How much of the long build prototype quality will they have?

I agree with you thunder, but we have new technology from Japan before it even gets to USA, but it's very expensive for the people to buy compared to what they earn from their jobs. And i know that we dont manufacture most of the every day life things for our people, but IMO the economy is too low for business to try and open new factories and produce new technology, for people that has little to buy with.

Kirill K said:
I agree with you thunder, but we have new technology from Japan before it even gets to USA, but it's very expensive for the people to buy compared to what they earn from their jobs. And i know that we dont manufacture most of the every day life things for our people, but IMO the economy is too low for business to try and open new factories and produce new technology, for people that has little to buy with.

Which once again proves that the russians do not have the greatest country, where old people have to choose between a slice of bread and heat

Yes, but you have to look at why this is so. The facts are there. The history is recorded. And we all know that there wasnt any wars on USA soil, and if there was USA would be in a situation like Russia today. Especially when USSR had all their major cities destroyed, and had to rebuild it from scratch, they had to rebuild everything all over again while USA was prospering and was sitting nicely on the other continent.

Kirill K said:
Yes, but you have to look at why this is so. The facts are there. The history is recorded. And we all know that there wasnt any wars on USA soil, and if there was USA would be in a situation like Russia today. Especially when USSR had all their major cities destroyed, and had to rebuild it from scratch, they had to rebuild everything all over again while USA was prospering and was sitting nicely on the other continent.

That is also true, however, the russians could have lived in a great war if they kept going at the same pace as they were in the 60's. If The soviet Union was not corrupt then it could have had a great effect on the world we live in.

I agree, the corruption was too high and most of the government robbed the countries economy. And i hope to see some changes that Putin is in power now.

It is no secret that Russia can design the world's greatest small arms and some of the best planes in the world, the problem is they can not produce the world's best small arms and best planes, that is what gives the US the edge over Russia, China, North Korea, whoever, our production capability has always been our greatest asset, look at WWI and WWII, Lend Lease saved Russia and Britain, the US saved the world from Germany without firing a shot, we then helped to completely destroy the Reich.

If you care to do the research, you will see that Post WWII Germany and post war Iraq have some stark contrasts, like the SS taking on terror tactics while being based out of Argentina and the Ba'athist/terrorists that are causing so many problems in Iraq.

The Germanic Aryans through out history have been the exhaulted military powers! The tribes were never conquered by the Romans, Britain had the largest empire ever, France frequently became a super power as did Germany, and now the most powerful nation in the world is America. No other race can come any where near this prowess. Hitler was right about Aryan superiority!

The Brits.

They defeated Napoleon, was Europe's only hope against Germany/Austria-Hungary in 1914, stood as the last foothold in Europe against Hitler, and practically shaped the entire world in Earth's most important time periods.

Back