Most Powerful Nation Ever... - Page 2

--

May 17th, 2004  
Achilles

but why has america gotn this superhero-neverhurt-anyone-view
May 17th, 2004  
IrishWizard

Ah I don't want to answer that cause Im positive that everyone here has a different view on that question. I think Ethiopia is the most powerful nation!!! Those sticks and stones are scary =o
May 17th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Now dont poo poo ethiopia too quickly...they did a pretty bang up job on the italians before they got hit with the chemichal agents and such by benitos mob.

Besides...i heard they got an ark.
--
May 17th, 2004  
Marksman

OK about face but anyway it was large and strong,well at least untill mongolians came
May 17th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Quote:
Originally Posted by about face
but why has america gotn this superhero-neverhurt-anyone-view
Simple, the US Constitution doesnt allow the government to start a war unless to defend the country or aid foreign countries.

Back on topic, Britain did control most of the world during that time period and is still a world power today.
May 18th, 2004  

I just have to mention that we (the Dutch) weren't pushovers in those days either. We had some quarrels with the Brits back then, and they didn't always come out on top. We also had some nice colonies all over the world. We founded Nieuw Amsterdam, which was later sold to England, who renamed it New York.
May 18th, 2004  
Young 1

I definitely think the USA right now is the most powerful nation ever. Give me one flight of F-16's against any army ever, even up through WWII, and I'd put my money on the Falcons. Then you factor in Smart Bombs, Aircraft Carriers, M1 tanks, and Delta Force, and we dominate.
May 18th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 1
I definitely think the USA right now is the most powerful nation ever. Give me one flight of F-16's against any army ever, even up through WWII, and I'd put my money on the Falcons. Then you factor in Smart Bombs, Aircraft Carriers, M1 tanks, and Delta Force, and we dominate.
The point was to compare them with other countries in the same period.
May 18th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 1
You forgot the kung fu samurai Rangers.
May 18th, 2004  
AFSteliga

If we're talking in a conquest sense, I'd have to say the Mongolian Empire. They did control most of the known world at the time.

In an economic sense, however, the United States would dominate. The US pretty much controls the Global Economy. If my intel is correct, Ft. Knox holds the worlds gold bullion.