Most Powerful Nation Ever... - Page 11

--

November 13th, 2004  
Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirill K
LeatherNeckRVA you are wrong to say that USA was the only one with the A bomb. USSR also had the A bomb but they weren't ready to cowardly drop them on Japanese or Germans. I say the USA took a cowardly way out by dropping the A-bombs. Also you should learn that USSR had the most superiority in the water, and is still does. USA hasnt gone throw wut USSR did during the WW2. If you look at the army strength before the WW2,USSR was the strongest nation, with it's Red Army be its side, it was unstoppable as proved during the WW2.
If it hadn't been for US aid during Lend-Lease the USSR would probably not exist. No one nation won WW2 by themselves.
November 13th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirill K
LeatherNeckRVA you are wrong to say that USA was the only one with the A bomb. USSR also had the A bomb but they weren't ready to cowardly drop them on Japanese or Germans. I say the USA took a cowardly way out by dropping the A-bombs. Also you should learn that USSR had the most superiority in the water, and is still does. USA hasnt gone throw wut USSR did during the WW2. If you look at the army strength before the WW2,USSR was the strongest nation, with it's Red Army be its side, it was unstoppable as proved during the WW2.
Woah! We had the A-Bomb before 1949? I knew it! those pigs lied to us, we didin't need to steal it from america, because apparently we had it all along. seriously, c'mon now. Cowardly to drop the bomb, eh? Well lets look at the projections 2,000,000 japanese dead and 1,000,000 american wounded if japan invaded. 200,000 japanese dead if drop the bomb. I see a BIG difference in numbers here.

"Also you should learn that USSR had the most superiority in the water, and is still does."
superiority, hmm thats a big word. you sure the russian element of you knows what you are talking about? Are you saying "Kuznetsov" alone can take on the US fleet of aircraft carriars? All of a sudden I fell this big Russian Pride thing arise insede of me.
November 13th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by drilldownmaster2004
Woah! We had the A-Bomb before 1949? I knew it! those pigs lied to us, we didin't need to steal it from america, because apparently we had it all along. seriously, c'mon now. Cowardly to drop the bomb, eh? Well lets look at the projections 2,000,000 japanese dead and 1,000,000 american wounded if japan invaded. 200,000 japanese dead if drop the bomb. I see a BIG difference in numbers here.

"Also you should learn that USSR had the most superiority in the water, and is still does."
superiority, hmm thats a big word. you sure the russian element of you knows what you are talking about? Are you saying "Kuznetsov" alone can take on the US fleet of aircraft carriars? All of a sudden I fell this big Russian Pride thing arise insede of me.
You will have to forgive our Russian friend here, the thought using tactics in battle is beyond them, they prefer to toss their soldiers into a meat grinder until the enemy eventually runs out of bullets.

Yes the USSR was so superior to the US, that explains why the USSR does not exest anymore while the US is now the unrivaled super power in the world.
--
November 13th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

I mean I know we were strong before, but now look where we are. We we were in the 1980's
November 13th, 2004  
Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by drilldownmaster2004

Operation Downfall, the proposed invasion of Japan, would have caused massive casualties on both sides and I think the numbers on both sides would have been better than the 2.1 ratio you stated for Japanese troops because of the nature of the terrain that the US Armies would have to fight on. 70% of Japan is hilly or mountainous which would help negate the massive US superiority in armor for example. Plus the individual Japanese soldier was very well trained and extremely motivated. It would have been a bloodbath that's for sure. Here's a reliable link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall
November 14th, 2004  
Kirill K

Ok, all i have to say is that right now Russia has good technology and avaition, with amazing power on water. But on the other hand USA is equally strong. So i say Russia, and USA are the two most strongest nations right now.
November 14th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Russia has good tech on the drawing board, but they do not have the resources to build them and they use old tech of 20 years of age
November 14th, 2004  
Kirill K

Topic: Drill downmaster would u call this 20 year old tech.

Go to this site, and tell me how this is the 20 year old technology that we use??
http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...fighter_plane/

or

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/dvdynamics/russian1.html

And they do have the resources to build them althought USA is lackin the security to stop their own planes from flying into buildings.
November 14th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Russia (and the rest of the former Soviet Union) has some brilliant technical minds. One of my favorite aircraft is the SU-47 -- very nice fighter.

Yet the former Soviet Union, when it comes to non-military technology, is not exactly leading the world in much of anything. For instance, if I was a good quality car, I'm not going to buy Russian. If I want to buy a top-of-the-line personal computer, I don't think I'd buy Russian. Lots of other examples, but I think you get the idea. Its in those areas, and actually producing things, that the former USSR has some catching up to do.
November 14th, 2004  
Young Winston

Just checked out the website for the 101st airbourne assault division at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. Wow! It blew me away on how big that place is.

The thought of all that firepower and technology!!!! And that is just one of many bases in the US and its not even the biggest.

I'm glad aussie is an ally and not an enemy of the US!!!!!!