Who is the Most Powerful Nation in Europe?

Who is the Most Powerful Nation in Europe?

• Russia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • United Kingdom

• France

• Sweden

• Norway

• Italy

• Turkey

• Ukraine

• Switzerland

• Finland

• Poland

• Belarus

• Romania

• Bulgaria

• Denmark

• Spain

• Austria

• Total voters
SAINT said:
Germany was defeated by the Russians on the eastern front.

But France was not.

France was defeated mainly by the English during that time.
;)

what about almost half milion of french that left their bones in russia?

Sexybeast said:
economically, no doubt, Germany......

but did not most of european nations are together now? in EU?

Well it was technicly an economical orginization when it started but now it is turning into some odd Confederation, Some of the members are even calling for a Fast Action Force to be built under EU control.

The german economy is slowing down, with unemployment rising etc. The british economy is apparently the strongest/most stable in the EU! Germany doesnt have nukes, but as numerous people have stated the EU would fight together so they cannot be looked at individually apart from maybe britain and france as they operate alone more than any of the other EU countries! They are the only ones to have carriers and nuclear subs in europe as well that are in a fully operational fleet as although russia has more of them (nukes/subs) they are in a poorly maintained fleet!

Britian and France do have a few differences, but personnely I just think it all stems from the fact they hate each other guts deep down inside. Ever since the 1700's and 1800's they havn't been the best of buddies.

Italy..they haven't had anything decent since the Romans. I know they had a powerful navy during WW2 but they didn't have a good land force.

They might have rebuilt it's army but I would not vote for them though, I might be wrong.

I'm thinking the U.K.

I don't think Russia's internal politics could stand a war against the U.K. and Germany couldn't win agaist the U.K. because it doesn't have a navy to speak of.

It is quite surprising that Russia has made a better showing in this poll, notwithstanding their current more weakened status. Despite all their internal messes, they still have a very strong influence throughout the international community. They still have the second largest nuclear stockpile in the planet. Militarily, they are probably still stronger (with what they can have available very quickly) than any other European nation.

UK because of it's joined at the hip ties to the US. I would have to Go with Germany as a close second. About one quarter of my reasons are about military strength, the rest is Trade and Government stability.

I also consider UK as the strongest country in Europe, as it has the best military might there!

But France is close too!

Germany

i say Germany they have a good economy but the main thing that hinders them is the limits on their Military

In my opinion, the United Kingdom is the strongest European nation. The UK has the strongest European economy, and their military is first rate. The Royal Navy and Royal Air Force would be able to defeat any continental European air or naval force in a one on one battle.

On top of that, in a shooting war in Europe, the United States would back the UK and that would turn the tide right away.

If you are the UK, you gotta love your location. Sure there is the Chunnel, but that lil thing can be collapsed pretty quick in a pinch.

OK, better the channel than being surrounded by other land, over which enemies could quickly move, unless ur troops are on hovercraft, the channel provides a delay and barrier for troops to access UK.

i`d say that the french were defeated by the winter in russia and when it comes to russia then i have seen soldiers of the "great" russian army begging for money in the streets and a russian captain carring banana-boxes in the railroad station for extra income because the army isn`t able to pay their wages...
if you could talk to someone who has server in the russian army then you wouldn`t believe what you hear

daedalus said:
i`d say that the french were defeated by the winter in russia and when it comes to russia then i have seen soldiers of the "great" russian army begging for money in the streets and a russian captain carring banana-boxes in the railroad station for extra income because the army isn`t able to pay their wages...
if you could talk to someone who has server in the russian army then you wouldn`t believe what you hear

shit happens,Estonia aint better LOL

P.S dont forget the Germans, and by the time when Germany attacked Russia, army was in very bad shape.

Estonias always try to say something to Russia that to make it look bad, like the Estonian president..

IMHO you don`t have to say anything to make russia look bad, but as said it is my opinion.... but i would like to hear what our president has said to make russia look bad... to me it seems vice versa

i like to go personal and ask you why Estonia isn`t better

Hard choice, on one hand you have Russia which has phenomonal resources which are basically untapped and a military with some of the most advanced hardware available and on the other hand you have Germany which is already an established economic power with a strong industrial base and probably the best MBT in the world.

In the end I went for Russian potential over German efficiency.

Another factor in selecting Russia was that its equipment is home grown while much of europe (except France I think) is a hybrid of home grown and US equipment.

Back