Who is the Most Powerful Nation in Europe? - Page 4

View Poll Results :Who is the Most Powerful Nation in Europe?
Russia 9 18.75%
United Kingdom 16 33.33%
France 4 8.33%
Sweden 0 0%
Norway 2 4.17%
Germany 14 29.17%
Italy 1 2.08%
Turkey 0 0%
Ukraine 0 0%
Switzerland 1 2.08%
Finland 0 0%
Poland 0 0%
Belarus 0 0%
Romania 0 0%
Bulgaria 0 0%
Denmark 0 0%
Spain 1 2.08%
Austria 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

February 21st, 2005  
Pyro

Topic: Germany

i say Germany they have a good economy but the main thing that hinders them is the limits on their Military
February 25th, 2005  
IAmFighter

In my opinion, the United Kingdom is the strongest European nation. The UK has the strongest European economy, and their military is first rate. The Royal Navy and Royal Air Force would be able to defeat any continental European air or naval force in a one on one battle.

On top of that, in a shooting war in Europe, the United States would back the UK and that would turn the tide right away.
March 8th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

If you are the UK, you gotta love your location. Sure there is the Chunnel, but that lil thing can be collapsed pretty quick in a pinch.
--
Boots
March 8th, 2005  
Shadowalker

OK, better the channel than being surrounded by other land, over which enemies could quickly move, unless ur troops are on hovercraft, the channel provides a delay and barrier for troops to access UK.
March 12th, 2005  
daedalus

i`d say that the french were defeated by the winter in russia and when it comes to russia then i have seen soldiers of the "great" russian army begging for money in the streets and a russian captain carring banana-boxes in the railroad station for extra income because the army isn`t able to pay their wages...
if you could talk to someone who has server in the russian army then you wouldn`t believe what you hear
March 12th, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
i`d say that the french were defeated by the winter in russia and when it comes to russia then i have seen soldiers of the "great" russian army begging for money in the streets and a russian captain carring banana-boxes in the railroad station for extra income because the army isn`t able to pay their wages...
if you could talk to someone who has server in the russian army then you wouldn`t believe what you hear
shit happens,Estonia aint better LOL

P.S dont forget the Germans, and by the time when Germany attacked Russia, army was in very bad shape.

Estonias always try to say something to Russia that to make it look bad, like the Estonian president..
March 12th, 2005  
daedalus

IMHO you don`t have to say anything to make russia look bad, but as said it is my opinion.... but i would like to hear what our president has said to make russia look bad... to me it seems vice versa

i like to go personal and ask you why Estonia isn`t better
March 12th, 2005  
MontyB

Hard choice, on one hand you have Russia which has phenomonal resources which are basically untapped and a military with some of the most advanced hardware available and on the other hand you have Germany which is already an established economic power with a strong industrial base and probably the best MBT in the world.

In the end I went for Russian potential over German efficiency.

Another factor in selecting Russia was that its equipment is home grown while much of europe (except France I think) is a hybrid of home grown and US equipment.