Most popular sport?

Romero

What do you think is the most popular sport in the world? Or the top three? I think it is football, which must have a few billion fans worldwide. Basketball and rugby are high on the list also methinks.

if by football you mean soccer then yes (sorry, i'm an american, we have our own football ;) ). but F1 is supposed to be watched by billions around the globe also. i'm sure if tickets weren't so :cen: expensive (damn you Ecclestone) then fans would turn out in the hundreds of thousands, easy.

egoz said:
if by football you mean soccer then yes (sorry, i'm an american, we have our own football ;) ). but F1 is supposed to be watched by billions around the globe also. i'm sure if tickets weren't so :cen: expensive (damn you Ecclestone) then fans would turn out in the hundreds of thousands, easy.

Well at least our sport gives us the right to the name football because it involves kicking a ball with feet. You just carry it around and kick it occasionally. ;)

English FOOTBALL is the most popular sport on the planet since you don't need tons of equipment to play it.

But F1 is the second most popular sport on the planet in my opinion. Too bad it's probably lost a lot of viewers because of Schumachers domination. Even our own creaky-voiced idiot hasn't been able to challenge him and Finnish drivers are known throughout the world. :)

Hegario said:
egoz said:

Well at least our sport gives us the right to the name football because it involves kicking a ball with feet. You just carry it around and kick it occasionally. ;)

English FOOTBALL is the most popular sport on the planet since you don't need tons of equipment to play it.

But F1 is the second most popular sport on the planet in my opinion. Too bad it's probably lost a lot of viewers because of Schumachers domination. Even our own creaky-voiced idiot hasn't been able to challenge him and Finnish drivers are known throughout the world. :)
by the sounds of things that "creaky-voiced idiot" could take schumi's spot in ferrari when he leaves, so it's only a matter of time before he gets his championship ;)

I read somewhere (don't remember where) about a year ago that the most popular sport (counted by the number of "active" players) in the world actually was Volleyball...

I'll see if I can dig up some statistics on popular sports later...

lewis9119 said:
like boxing,golf,and swimming. :biggun:
if it weren't for the boxing you might have just named the three lowest watched sports in the world ;)

i'm a golfer, but i seriously can't stand sitting around and watching golf. my whole family is a bunch of golfers. it's in my blood, my father is a pro, my grandfather was a top amateur, and i play for the fun of it. but i can't stand watching it. it's just so boring. now for swimming, it's like drag racing, it's so short and you don't really go anywhere. i'm not knocking those swimmers out there, they're some of the tougher athletes, but it's swimming....

Cricket is also pretty popular. It's played throughout all of Australia, New Zealnad, a lot of pacific nations, the indian subcontinent, pakistan, england, africa.... in fact any nation that was part of the british empire plays cricket..... even in the US. It was sadly funny when the American cricket team played the Australians.

Yeah ,in my country,Ping Pang is most popular.But soccer and baseketball are also very popular too.And myself like baseketball and watch NBA games every week.

Thouht,the most popular sport must be soccer around the world,I think.

My 2 cents

The most popular sport is Soccer, hands down, even if I detest the sport, for personal reasons.

My favorite sport to play and/or watch is American football.

Golf and fishing have to be about the most boring sports to watch on the T.V......Baseball isn't far behind most games either, lol. The playoffs with Boston were pretty exciting this past season though.

Uno, checkers and the such are not sports, Lewis9119

Ben

Soccer hands down .Those English folk are crazy , mean mental about soccer.
They are really devoted football fanatics.

Back