The Most Patriotic Country in the World

I wish we could do that in USA. We did after 9/11 for a while. USA flags were everywhere right after 9/11.

I wish we could do that in USA. We did after 9/11 for a while. USA flags were everywhere right after 9/11.

IMO Patriotism is not a a thing that comes and goes, that is just jingoism whipped up at the time. True Patriotism is deep within one's psyche.

It has been my observation that the two are rarely if ever found in the same person.

Flag waving is NOT patriotism. Patriotism is best seen among those who willingly volunteer to serve their country without fanfare or expectation of recognition. they do their bit, then get on with their lives.

IMO Patriotism is not a a thing that comes and goes, that is just jingoism whipped up at the time. True Patriotism is deep within one's psyche.

It has been my observation that the two are rarely if ever found in the same person.

Flag waving is NOT patriotism. Patriotism is best seen among those who willingly volunteer to serve their country without fanfare or expectation of recognition. they do their bit, then get on with their lives.

I agree. I've met too many a "patriots" who even in times of war and need refuse to sign up to do their part. Like I said, I dislike those people even more than the enemy.

Well,... I thought that I was going to "get it in the neck" for stating my opinion on this matter. It pleases me greatly to see that there are others out there who also believe in what I would call "true" patriotism. Perhaps I'm not so odd after all.:p

All I can say is, "More strength to you"

Well, I respect your opinion, Seno. But since, I'm deaf, I'd love to join the US military really bad. I feel like a patriotism, look forward to defend my country but I can't, unfortunately. I'm too itching my hair about it. I was in the Navy JROTC for 4 years, tho...

I'm sorry to hear that your deafness has fouled up you prospects of joining the forces Fox, but patriotism is not exclusive to those who join the services. I just used that as an example of someone demonstrating what I call true patriotism, the very fact that you were willing to volunteer your service to your country is every bit as good.

My point was that outrageous demonstrations of "Flagwaving" do not make a man a patriot, merely someone who wants to be seen by others as a patriot. The true patriot serves his country (not necessarily in the Armed Services) in any way that he can.

This can range over many simple things such as,
Paying your taxes,
Ensuring where possible that your country's name is not bought into disrepute.
Obeying the law,
Respecting those who serve.

It all comes back to the core things of Honour, Loyalty and Respect.

I personally have no time for overt "Flagwaving", as I have found all too often that these activities attract too many phonies and attention seekers.

Well, I respect your opinion, Seno. But since, I'm deaf, I'd love to join the US military really bad. I feel like a patriotism, look forward to defend my country but I can't, unfortunately. I'm too itching my hair about it. I was in the Navy JROTC for 4 years, tho...

Dont worry... There are always many ways to serve your country!

You do not have to be in the military. It is your passion, and your intentions that also determine your love and patriotism for your country.
Serving it, and making it a better place could be also patriotism and you do not necessarily have to join the military.

Look at it this way:
The military is the arm, and the hard working civilians are the hands and fingers. Without one another, you wont be able to grab victory.

:cheers:

When it come to Patriotism , i kinda agree with this quote :

Pablo Casals: The love of one's country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?

Because over the border, it is someone else's country . Let them love it if they wish, one's own country needs all your love.

Like charity, it starts at home, and in my opinion should end there. The word Patriot comes from the Latin Patria: one's own country, lit. Father country or Fatherland.

The above not withstanding, Yeah, I do know what you mean though.

I think the quote i used is trying to say that to have love for your own country is a great thing but people should have tolerance and respect for other nations . I do relise this is very naive comment because different nations will naturally have disagreements which could lead to hatred and possibly war but i still think its a noble thought to have...

It seems to me that those with the most patriotic respect for their flag are likely to understand respect the same fervour in other nations. It always concerns me when other countries' anthems are boo-d at sporting occasions. No-one supports their national team more than me, but I deplore that practice. It is completely unacceptable, and I always feel like apologising for the morons.

Last edited:
It seems to me that those with the most patriotic respect for their flag is likely to understand respect the same fervour in other nations. It always concerns me when other countries' anthems are boo-d at sporting occasions. No-one supports their national team more than me, but I deplore that practice. It is completely unacceptable, and I always feel like apologising for the morons.

A disgusting display of bad manners, usually backed up by equally bad sportsmanship.

Back on topic - here's my bit for England and friends :-

Always in majesty , glorious in duty;
Honour intensity, gracious in beauty.
Hour by hour, decade by decade;
Gentle in power, correct on parade.
Great royal marathon, reign of all reigns;
Challenges parried, composure remains.
Time has not bowed or burdened down
The brow that bears the royal Crown.

Here is the Queen who was born to the throne
Raised up in blitz-kreig, tempered as steel.
Here is the maiden who makes England England;
Hers is the banner of sovereignty’s seal.
There will never be another
Her like will not be seen again
The flame may die with England’s mother
Lowered by unready men.

So raise your glass to Queen Elizabeth
Come raise your hat and raise a cheer
That we have known such royal presence
Among us, striving, serving, here.

GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN.

Patriotic enough, guys?? Del Boy.

Last edited:
Back