The most modern-looking tank, plane, rifle...etc.

This thread is based purely on looks. I'll list items, which look the most futuristic, and therefore coolest IMO. Add your own opinions and other types of military hardware which I forgot/was too lazy to list

Shoulder-launched Anti-Armor

PREDATOR, USA

Armored Fighting Vehicles

ACV-S, TURKEY

Jeep-like vehicles

COBRA, TURKEY
SHADOW RST-V, USA
FENNEK, GERMANY

Artillery

MLRS, USA MARS, GERMANY LRM, FRANCE (Spot the difference :lol: I sure can't)
CRUSADER, USA

Attack Helicpoters

RAH-66 COMANCHE, USA

Main Battle Tanks

LECLERC, FRANCE
Check out the wicked-looking machine-gun on the back of the turret
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/leclerc/leclerc1.html

Support Helicopters

AS 565 PANTHER, EUROPE
CH-47D CHINOOK, USA

Unmanned Aerial Vehicles

PREDATOR, USA
TAIFUN, GERMANY
GLOBAL HAWK, USA

Assault Rifles

XM-8, USA
PAPOP, FRANCE

Submachine Guns

P90, BElGIUM

Hand Guns

Five-seveN, BELGIUM

Shotguns

USAS-12, SOUTH KOREA

Sniper Rifles

AW-50, UNITED KINGDOM

Machine Guns

MINIMI/M249, BELGIUM/USA
OCSW, USA

Fighters Ground Attack

F-117 NIGHTHAWK, USA
F/A-22 RAPTOR, USA
JSF F35, INTERNATIONAL
DRAKEN, SWEDEN

Long Range Bombers

B-1B LANCER, USA
B-2 SPIRIT, USA

I'd say that the F117 is beginning to look dated with its sharp corners and such.

I think the F22 just looks much more 'modern' than anything else flying.

The coolest-looking naval units:

Aircraft Carriers

NIMITZ CLASS, USA

Amphibious Ships

ZUBR CLASS, RUSSIA

Corvettes and Patrol Boats

SKJOLD CLASS, NORWAY
VISBY CLASS, SWEDEN

I defenetly agree on the Leclerc, really cool looking, quite different from all other disigns, same with Merkava 4. awsome looking tank. Gets me thinging of star wars :eek:

The Leopard 2 is really good looking and driving it is much of fun, belive me, but the A6 version has the problem that the Cannon is too long so it vibrates while driving an fires not so exact as the A5 even if it has the same stabilisationunit. So I prefer the Leopard 2A5

There's a new grenade launcher with a XM-8 look: The XM-25

xm25.jpg

Whispering Death said:
I'd say that the F117 is beginning to look dated with its sharp corners and such.

That's true. Is the flight helmet of the F117 cube-shaped? :D

hicks said:
Unfortunately though, the Commanche program was scratched.

I wonder whether another country will want to buy Commanches in the future.

hicks said:
I'm a fan of the Leopard 2A6 myself.

Or the T-90.

Most post-WW2 Soviet and Russian tanks look pretty neat with their flat, rounded turrets.

Jäger said:
The Leopard 2 is really good looking and driving it is much of fun, belive me, but the A6 version has the problem that the Cannon is too long so it vibrates while driving an fires not so exact as the A5 even if it has the same stabilisationunit. So I prefer the Leopard 2A5

Are they in the process of solving that problem?

Jäger said:

Are they in the process of solving that problem?[/quote]

I don't know if they try to fix it or maybe solve it in the A7 version, but for use in battle position without moving it or on near distances it is top, too. In other cases I would use the A5 instead.

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Jäger said:

Are they in the process of solving that problem?

I don't know if they try to fix it or maybe solve it in the A7 version, but for use in battle position without moving it or on near distances it is top, too. In other cases I would use the A5 instead.

The Austrian made Steyr AUG Assault Rifles are IMO the coolest looking assault rifles around, but i'm sure you guys can find better.

Rich.

Whispering Death said:

Saw one sitting on the runway at Dobbins last week! Really looks GREAT!

AussieNick said:
Serious? That's very old. It's like saying a B52 is latest technology.

Yeah, but it still looks as modern as other similar helicopters. Chinooks have also been upgraded over the years to keep them up to date.

the F/A-22 looks very modern, and on the rifle side, i would have to say the XM8 looks the most modern, for pistols, i would say the HK USP.

Most modern helmet:

The "Fritz"-like helmets that most armies in the world use nowadays look pretty much alike. I think the first ones were fielded in the USA and Spain.

Back