Most Of Iran's New Weapons Are Eastern Copies

phoenix80

Banned
JERUSALEM [MENL] -- Western intelligence agencies have concluded that most, if not all, of the missiles unveiled and fired by Iran during its week-long military exercise in the Gulf were copies of former East Bloc missiles.

Several leading analysts who serve as consultants to the Western intelligence community said Teheran fired Chinese and Russian weapons and claimed them as indigenous during the Holy Prophet exercise, which ended on Thursday. They said Teheran exaggerated the capabilities of the weapons in an attempt to deter the United States from an attack on Teheran's nuclear facilities.

"Are they deterring?" asked Uzi Rubin, the former director of the Israel Missile Defense Organization. "Yes. I went to Europe last week and everybody there is talking about diplomatic solutions [to the Iranian nuclear crisis]."

[On Thursday, Iranian Defense Minister Mostafa Mohammad-Najjar said the IRGC test-fired 10 missiles during the Gulf exercise. He said the weapons would undergo serial production and additional new missiles would be fired in the "near future."]

http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2006/april/04_09_1.html

No Kidding

Without reading the article I would have to comment that it is not deterring anyone. It is only getting their fears increased and possibly forcing a conflict that can possibly be avoided.

Oh good, very smart of them to freak out their own neighbors who were already secretly admitting their fears/concerns about a nuclearn-armed Iran Well, all the better for the Americans, Europeans, and intelligent members of the UN.

But is it working? I hear a lot of talk about diplomacy and on military actions..... but it's just talk! Why hasn't somebody fired some rockets into some of these manufacturing sites? Iran ups the stakes, I'd say a tomahawk or two is a sign you don't fold. Chances are that the real development sites are safely ticked away somewhere underground. So Iran loses nothing really special and the West shows they are ready too. The knifes are sharpend and on the table, and there are no surprises left. Diplomacy works better sometimes when all the cards are on the table.

Back