Who was the most influential Civilization in the history...

What is the Most influential Civilization in History?

• Roman Empire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chinese Empire

• Spanish Empire

• Indo Europeans

• Egyptian Empire

• Other

• Total voters

Lupos

This is an interesting question, who do you believe the most influential civiliation in the history of man. I believe it is a tie between the romans who carried the torch for the inovations of science and philosophy for the Greeks, as well as spreading Christianity to the European tribes. Then there is the British empire who brought civilization to the world, spread the english language throghout the world, and planted the seeds for the United States. As I come to at last the US, who began a rebirth of democracy in the western world started by the Greeks and Romans, conquered half the North American continent (we also bought much of it from France), and has used what is known as neocolonialism to spread business across the globe and change the global economy. I am also pretty sure that it was the US that came foward with the idea for the League of Nations after World War I, correct me if I am wrong.

The Chinese Civilization spead its influence to Korea, Japan, Mongolia, Vietnam, and many other South East Asian countries.

The Roman Empire, with it greco-roman civilization, has been the biggest influence upon the world. Roman laws and institutions as well as language continue to effect the world.

IrishWizard said:
What about the greeks... the greeks influenced the romans who then influenced the rest of the world...

I didn't include the Greeks because the Romans and Greeks are so alike that I didn't think it mattered that much. You are however free to mention them in the discussion.

sombodys having a laugh here, the answers very simple!
which one was the biggest?

everheard the phrase 'the sun never sets on the british empire'!

Grand Mater Flash said:
everheard the phrase 'the sun never sets on the british empire'!

That's only because God wouldn't trust an Englishman in the dark.

;) :lol:

Just kidding. :lol:

Your question is too ambigious
Lets be more specific this time:

Notable Influential Civilizations
500BC-1500AD
Mongol Empire
Roman Empire
Chinese Empire
Ottoman Empire
Greek Civilations

Notable Influential Imperial Powers
1700-1910
British Empire
Russian Empire
Japanese Empire
France/Germany

Notable Influential Bi-Polar nations
1945-1990
The United States of America
The Soviet Union

Notable Influential current nations
2002-so on
The United States of America
The People's Republic of China
The European Union
The Russian Federation

hryyyyyyyyyy

mongals mixed with roman empire, same with russians at one point...............

Romans were a big influence but they tend to bully others into their way.

British empire how ever were foundationed on romans at one point.............

So i'd say the british empire and the romans.

Hey sun never sets ona british empire.................good old saying.....don't knock it lol

I'll say Romans

P.s.: Has anyone ever wondered what would be the outcome of let's say Romans vs. Incas (one battle) or something like that?

Good match, but I believe the Romans would win. However, they would suffer heavy casualties first.

empires

I think of it as...............romans:

There was no religion in england and half of europe til romans invaded.......... england was originally a pagan society til romans invened.

So when romans settled it was that influence that has mae england what it was. Then they raided ireland thats how the divide became with southern eire and n.ire..........................and to this day that divide still causes problems.

Catholics are most probably in the run for the most practised religion, which was enforced by the romans. Look at roads etc the things we use in day to day life...........well apart from modern things lol

Back