Who was the most influential Civilization in the history...

View Poll Results :What is the Most influential Civilization in History?
Roman Empire 9 47.37%
Chinese Empire 1 5.26%
British Empire 3 15.79%
Ottoman Empire 1 5.26%
Spanish Empire 0 0%
Indo Europeans 0 0%
Egyptian Empire 0 0%
United States of America 4 21.05%
Other 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

September 8th, 2004  
Lupos

Topic: Who was the most influential Civilization in the history...

This is an interesting question, who do you believe the most influential civiliation in the history of man. I believe it is a tie between the romans who carried the torch for the inovations of science and philosophy for the Greeks, as well as spreading Christianity to the European tribes. Then there is the British empire who brought civilization to the world, spread the english language throghout the world, and planted the seeds for the United States. As I come to at last the US, who began a rebirth of democracy in the western world started by the Greeks and Romans, conquered half the North American continent (we also bought much of it from France), and has used what is known as neocolonialism to spread business across the globe and change the global economy. I am also pretty sure that it was the US that came foward with the idea for the League of Nations after World War I, correct me if I am wrong.
September 8th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Roman Empire
September 9th, 2004  
Darkmb101

The Roman Empire, then the Chinese Empire.
--
Boots
September 17th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

roman empire hands down
September 17th, 2004  
SAINT

I say the British.. in the more modern times.
They were all over the world
September 17th, 2004  
Red_Army

The Chinese Civilization spead its influence to Korea, Japan, Mongolia, Vietnam, and many other South East Asian countries.
September 18th, 2004  
IrishWizard

What about the greeks... the greeks influenced the romans who then influenced the rest of the world...
September 21st, 2004  
Delta210

The Roman Empire, with it greco-roman civilization, has been the biggest influence upon the world. Roman laws and institutions as well as language continue to effect the world.
September 25th, 2004  
Lupos

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWizard
What about the greeks... the greeks influenced the romans who then influenced the rest of the world...
I didn't include the Greeks because the Romans and Greeks are so alike that I didn't think it mattered that much. You are however free to mention them in the discussion.
January 4th, 2005  
Grand Mater Flash

sombodys having a laugh here, the answers very simple!
which one was the biggest?

everheard the phrase 'the sun never sets on the british empire'!