Most impressive military achievement in the 20th Century?

• Total voters
Damn Stud is your mission to offend as many people as humanly possible? You can stand by whatever you want, but you better start engaging your brain housing group before posting. Ya tracking there Stud?

How did i offend him? "Independence"? Or by telling him his military did an impressive job and deserves a place at a hall of fame for that?

Really you are that dense? Okay Barney style for ya. You came off like an SA brown shirt wannabe. The accepted and common term would be Israel not the "Jews" they are a soveriegn nation. Ya tracking yet or do I need to break out crayons?

Really you are that dense? Okay Barney style for ya. You came off like an SA brown shirt wannabe. The accepted and common term would be Israel not the "Jews" they are a soveriegn nation. Ya tracking yet or do I need to break out crayons?
You can ban me, you can insult me but do so in proper English will "ya"?

Israel = Jews, not Martians, not sentient dolphins but Jews so i'll stick with Jews and yes they were impressive in their "independence" war and a bit less impressive afterwards.

And its spelled sovereign so no "ya" dont need to break out the crayons, ya need to break out the English and bugger off unless i'm actually breaking any forum rules when i'm writing that Jewish military won an impressive victory in their "independence" war.

well it would be just like i'd say that the Christians in the US had a good fight against the British.these men and women were Israeli not Mere Jews.
and why do u right iot with those " " things?

well it would be just like i'd say that the Christians in the US had a good fight against the British.these men and women were Israeli not Mere Jews.
Go to political forum Ela we can have a discussion about those things there or on pm since i dont want to hijack the thread, the point is that its Israeli Jews who fought so its a Jewish victory.

Also Rorkes Drift should be here.

Not strictly true as both the US and British are more diverse in terms of religion and in a sizable number of cases the people concerned would have been atheist or agnostic where as in terms of the Arab/Israeli wars it was a muslim/jewish war.

I agree it is an unusual phrasing but I am not entirely sure it is inaccurate.

However I am going still Finnish Christians vs the Russian Orthodox war of 1940.

What WAS the reason?

However I am going still Finnish Christians vs the Russian Orthodox war of 1940

You do realise the Russkies were Communists back then? Or in other words, "Theyum dayum Commie stroganoff sucka's"

Last edited:
1st gulf war. America was expecting extremely large casualties and ended up using most of their field hospitals for enemy wounded and captured. America was outnumbered and attacked the 4th standing army in the world in strength. Not only did the UN's casualties mount to almost under 200, iraq experienced estimated over 100,000 dead 60,000 pow, and probably alot more wounded. out numbered in a foriegn land on the offencive, seems like a dumb idea but taking 40 casualties as americans makes every other army look sorta pathetic to me, 250,000 ( my numbers might not be 100% but this is what i remember, took on around 500,000 fighters who were dugg in and were out smarted not only by tricks but were outflanked and out gunned on every part of the map.

For me personally, it was the Axis victories during the start of WW2. They just stormed through Europe and the French and british didn't even know what hit them! I doubt we will ever see anything like that again!

Thats a hard choice, there are so many examples of brilliance. My top picks would be

Germany in 1939-1942.
2. Israel in the 6 day war.
3. McArthur's little maneuver in Korea.
4. The allied victory over Saddam.
5. The Finish very impressive stand against the Soviet empire.

I almost added the Arabic 'victory' over Israel in 73 ( for the first half anyways) being so astonished they didn't lose ground for once, but that was a sneak attack and not a proper fight.

Finland's Winter War. They should have collapsed quickly but instead inflicted serious casualties on a numerically superior enemy. A lot of the Soviet failure must be placed on Stalin's sacking of his officers prior to the war as well as the dogged determination of the common Finnish soldier.

Winning the Cold war (1945-1991)

The Decolonialisation of the planet (1918-2000)

there's a few good ones on that list. First W W was just sheer Butchery.

How about the Feminist Army of the YAYA Sisterhood!

I'n the 20th Century they sure put Manhood into a spine!:whip:

Back