Most important sports question of the year!

Grimmy

How my Patriots going to do this season? I've been a Pats fan since the AFL NFL merger.

I was never the kind of fan that memorized player rosters and whatnot but I always loved my Patriots. I think it was the name that got me hooked so young.

I was even a fan throughout the '80s when being a fan of the Pats was considered grounds for mental disability.

Heck, I'm not even from New England or the east coast.

So, my Pats gonna be the team to beat again this year? Or is that all played out now by free agency and contract squabbles?

Naa.. being born and raised in Cali (the central part, farming and oil, not the freeky deeky part where its all leftardo), I'm neither nor when it comes to north south. And if by black you mean, raiders....got tired of the Al Davis show long ago.

I hear ya about Al... I just can't help it... Stabler, Villipiano, Hendricks, Branch, Guy, Shell, Upshaw... in the Coliseum when I was 9 years old or so. And then there was when Art Shell and Phil Villipiano came to my elementary school... we were bad kids who needed a talking to. :)

Yep, the Raiders have had the talent, just never the discipline or focus.

They should change the team name to the Al Davis Circus and Road Show.

Here's a piece of trivia for ya... back in the 1950's Al held a contest in the Bay Area where people all submitted names for the new team in Oakland. The winner was to be chosen by simply taking the first name drawn out of a hat.

First piece of paper read... "The Oakland Senors".

Al threw a fit and stepped in with his own name and things have gone that way ever since.

LOL! Yeah, ol' Al, never got over not being picked to head the NFL after the merger. He's been a one man "in your face" show ever since.

I detest the Patriots for a number of reasons.

1- I hate Belichick Ball. Pass to set up the punt and all that. It's made the NFL so freakin boring I can hardly stand to watch it. (you can tell I'm a Colts fan: they score points.) And I'm a Browns fan, and he did nothing but stink there.

2-I live in Columbus, and I think Tom Brady is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL for three reasons. One, he was so-so at Michigan, two, he didn't win the super bowl for the Patriots, Vinateri did. and third, He's in Boston, so he automatically gets twice the press coverage of any other quarterback in the whole stinkin league.

Go Colts, Chargers, and Saints: you try to score points, you don't just value defense.

And the Ravens can go **** themselves.

I think the winning combination this year will be Tom Brady(3 rings...Not that overrated) and Randy Moss(best hands in the league). With those two on the same team...The Pats will dominate...Brady did well with "mediocre" recievers...Now with a powerhouse like Randy, they'll be unstoppable...And then when the D puts double or triple on Moss, Brady will have another wide open...It's foolproof...

This is very true but I really like Peyton's work ethic and I'd argue he's the most talented QB in the league today and most likely the most intelligent... I'd like to see him get a couple more rings. I used to worry he'd end up like his old man... talented QB on a shite team.

I lived in Indy for 12 years and had occasion to meet Peyton when he was a rookie and Marvin Harrison was a customer of my former business... I did a custom paint job on his jet ski. I can say first hand they are both class acts off the field, very much the opposite of one, Tony Siragusa- biggest ******* walking the earth.

Actually, I'm also a Peyton fan, as well as a fan of Dungy. It didn't hurt my feelers at all to see Indy go for the win.

Peyton's a very down-to-earth, humbled sort of quarterback. And I think that constant mindset of self-improvement will send him to more championships. Maybe not consecutively, but many more nonetheless. I like him.

Back