Most favourite baret

CPrime

I was reading the "origin of the baret" topic and whas wondering what baret you guys like the most.

I like the baret of the Dutch marine Corp the most.

52_marns.sized.jpg

if you would like to know more about the dutch marine corp or see more pics, then go to: www.korpsmariniers.com

The royal marine beret with out a doubt.
Only way to get it is to become a comando, once you are green hated you are one of the best.

988980453t.jpg

Good in any place any where.

devilwasp said:
The royal marine beret with out a doubt.
Only way to get it is to become a comando, once you are green hated you are one of the best.

[

I have to go with the RM. Simply because the USMC does not wear berets. (thank god).

CPrime said:
I was reading the "origin of the baret" topic and whas wondering what baret you guys like the most.

I like the baret of the Dutch marine Corp the most.

52_marns.sized.jpg

if you would like to know more about the dutch marine corp or see more pics, then go to: www.korpsmariniers.com

That guy needs to re-form his beret. It's terrible.

devilwasp said:
03USMC said:
I have to go with beardo. Simply because the USMC does not wear berets. (thank god).
With the what?
Why wouldnt you want to wear a beret?

The RM's Beret is fine it's their tradition and well earned. But if the USMC went with a beret as was mentioned in the 80's (in purple of all colors) it would be seen by most Marines as some trick gear to make them fit in with the army.

The Beret in the USMC is seen as something the Army wears to make themselves feel special.

03USMC said:
The RM's Beret is fine it's their tradition and well earned. But if the USMC went with a beret as was mentioned in the 80's (in purple of all colors) it would be seen by most Marines as some trick gear to make them fit in with the army.

The Beret in the USMC is seen as something the Army wears to make themselves feel special.
HA Ha really? why?
The USMC in berets would make them complete.
Wearing a helmets just makes it easier to mistake a USM to a US soldier.

No we have our Barracks Cover, Garrison Cover and our Utility Cover. And on all of them we have the Eagle Globe and Anchor and thats just as dear and special to us as the Green Beret is to HMRM.

Trevor said:
It's not even really formed, just sort of slouched over to the right. There IS a proper way to form a beret.
Actually there are diffrent ways to wear them.
Take the argyl and sutherland highlanders, they wear thier badge to the right of thier right eye.
The RM wear it over thier right eye.

03USMC said:
No we have our Barracks Cover, Garrison Cover and our Utility Cover. And on all of them we have the Eagle Globe and Anchor and thats just as dear and special to us as the Green Beret is to HMRM.
Barracks cover? utility cover?
Why not have the eagle and globe and anchor on a beret like the RM with the globe and laurrell?

devilwasp said:
03USMC said:
Barracks cover? utility cover?
Why not have the eagle and globe and anchor on a beret like the RM with the globe and laurrell?

The same reason the RM take pride in their Green Beret. Tradition.

CPrime said:
I see what you mean. What about these?
Thats thier style of beret man, i mean the argyles have a feather on their beret for crying out loud! I do respect the aryle's though , those guys are really scotlands finest.

Barracks cover is the visored hat (cover) that you see with the USMC blue dress. It consists of a cover frame and two covers Forest Green for use with the service uniform and white for use with the blue dress.

Utility Cover is a visored hat (cover) with 8 points worn with the utility uniform USMC term for BDU's.

The Canadian SARtech beret is one of the funniest I've seen. It's bright orange, (hit-me vest orange)

Back