Most favourite baret

--

December 9th, 2004  
CPrime

Topic: Most favourite baret

I was reading the "origin of the baret" topic and whas wondering what baret you guys like the most.

I like the baret of the Dutch marine Corp the most.

if you would like to know more about the dutch marine corp or see more pics, then go to: www.korpsmariniers.com
December 9th, 2004  
devilwasp

The royal marine beret with out a doubt.
Only way to get it is to become a comando, once you are green hated you are one of the best.

Good in any place any where.
December 9th, 2004  
EagleZtrike

http://www.patriotparty.us/humor/mil...reen-beret.jpg

United States Green Berets

btw how you put pics on your replies
--
December 9th, 2004  
03USMC

[quote="devilwasp"]The royal marine beret with out a doubt.
Only way to get it is to become a comando, once you are green hated you are one of the best.

[

I have to go with the RM. Simply because the USMC does not wear berets. (thank god).
December 9th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
I have to go with beardo. Simply because the USMC does not wear berets. (thank god).
With the what?
Why wouldnt you want to wear a beret?
December 9th, 2004  
CPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleStrike
[url]

btw how you put pics on your replies
Click on the [img] tag/button when posting a reply. You have to place the source of the pic between the tags. If you find a pic on the net, right click on the pic, choose properties, copy the adress (URL) of the pic, paste it behind the [img] tag and close off the tag by clicking on the [Img*] tag/button.[/img]
December 9th, 2004  
Trevor

Topic: Re: Most favourite baret

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrime
I was reading the "origin of the baret" topic and whas wondering what baret you guys like the most.

I like the baret of the Dutch marine Corp the most.

if you would like to know more about the dutch marine corp or see more pics, then go to: www.korpsmariniers.com
That guy needs to re-form his beret. It's terrible.
December 9th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwasp
Quote:
I have to go with beardo. Simply because the USMC does not wear berets. (thank god).
With the what?
Why wouldnt you want to wear a beret?

The RM's Beret is fine it's their tradition and well earned. But if the USMC went with a beret as was mentioned in the 80's (in purple of all colors) it would be seen by most Marines as some trick gear to make them fit in with the army.

The Beret in the USMC is seen as something the Army wears to make themselves feel special.
December 9th, 2004  
CPrime

Quote:
That guy needs to re-form his beret. It's terrible.
Why? I think that it looks good that way.
December 9th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
The RM's Beret is fine it's their tradition and well earned. But if the USMC went with a beret as was mentioned in the 80's (in purple of all colors) it would be seen by most Marines as some trick gear to make them fit in with the army.

The Beret in the USMC is seen as something the Army wears to make themselves feel special.
HA Ha really? why?
The USMC in berets would make them complete.
Wearing a helmets just makes it easier to mistake a USM to a US soldier.