Most favourite baret

My fav beret is the Australian SASR Beret. I can't find a pic though. It's a sand coloured beret with this badge on it:
insig_sas.jpg

Also I like the Australian armour corp beret.... especially the 2 Cav beret with the eagle hat badge:
beret-tankie.jpg

i haven't seen one, but the british para beret is meant oto be impressive. a nice red color, hence the "Red Devils"
and to think the SAS used to have a white beret, im bet they are glad they changed to a sandy color!!!

The RM definately...its the only one with pride and tradition

989591712m.jpg

and the only one worn ''in the field''

1011789734m.jpg

I wouldn't call the Royal Marine Beret the only one that has pride and tradition... I realise that you are going through the recruitment process and all, but think about what your saying... All units that where Berets also wear their cap badge, which show their regiment on it... Everyone takes pride in what they wear on their beret... Also, the only time they wear their beret on operation is when the camera is around or if they are patrolling a calm sector, if there was a threat, they would have helmets on, or bushcaps.

Re: reply

WannabeRanger said:
03 USMC you said that berets make Soldiers feel special. Was this supposed to be an insult?

Why are you offended? Are you a solider? The Beret for the US Army was fine IMO when it was reserved as a special headgear for Special Forces, Ranger, and Airborne Units.

And no since you asked it wasn't an insult toward the rank and file solider. Toward the peoplewho came up with the idea to raise morale by authorizing it in black for the entire ARMY yeah maybe.

Pete031 said:
I wouldn't call the Royal Marine Beret the only one that has pride and tradition... I realise that you are going through the recruitment process and all, but think about what your saying... All units that where Berets also wear their cap badge, which show their regiment on it... Everyone takes pride in what they wear on their beret... Also, the only time they wear their beret on operation is when the camera is around or if they are patrolling a calm sector, if there was a threat, they would have helmets on, or bushcaps.
Its not just the badge, its the colour and what it means.
My colour sargent says you do NOT want to wear a helmet all the time in hot weather for the entire bit of the assault.
Besides what protection does it hold if the rounds are 7.62? If they are 7.62 and getting shot at like 50 yards its no use!

Yeah... But think about it, fighting in an urban enviroment you have much more than 7.62 bullets coming at you... You have debris flying everywhere, you have fragmentation, rubble collapsing,etc... Plus, when you are fighting at night, you want to attach you night vision equipment to you helmet... you can use the head mount without the helmet but it sucks... I have worn my helmet in extremely hot climates and it's not that bad... And if you are switching from your helmet to your bushcap or beret during the assault, there is something wrong man, but different armies do different things

Pete031 said:
Yeah... But think about it, fighting in an urban enviroment you have much more than 7.62 bullets coming at you... You have debris flying everywhere, you have fragmentation, rubble collapsing,etc...
Yeah its A ok if your head gets hit , what about your neck? ohh thats ok mate your necks snapped but your heads fine!
And your helmet can only stop so much, if your out and about in the field its good because it doesnt matter if you wear ethier if you are seen by a sniper he will go through your helmet.
Plus, when you are fighting at night, you want to attach you night vision equipment to you helmet... you can use the head mount without the helmet but it sucks...
Well that depends on the gear really.

I have worn my helmet in extremely hot climates and it's not that bad... And if you are switching from your helmet to your bushcap or beret during the assault, there is something wrong man, but different armies do different things
well a helmet doesnt really hide your shape it just adds to it, also they probably wear the helmet before the attack so to show that everything is ok and they are not afraid but if the poooo hits the fan then they probably wear it.

Okay.... Think about it man, If a roof collapses then your dead right, helmet or no helmet, but it can save your life from falling debris and shrapnel... As for the neck, your fragmentation have collars which don't stop bullets, but are good for frag... to break up the outline of your helmet you can use scrim ( material that you attache to your helmet)
Trust me man all the headmounts fro the MNVG's and NVG'c are the shits.
And if you ever want to assault anything... Wear your helmet... Most fighting is centered in urban areas with vehicle support now, bottom line in my opinion (WEAR YOUR HELMET)

Pete031 said:
Okay.... Think about it man, If a roof collapses then your dead right, helmet or no helmet, but it can save your life from falling debris and shrapnel... As for the neck, your fragmentation have collars which don't stop bullets, but are good for frag
yeah but really if a piece of frag comes towards you and hits your neck , would you rather be dead or be paralised for your life.
... to break up the outline of your helmet you can use scrim ( material that you attache to your helmet)
yeah but WHAT are you gona disguise yourself as? A piece of rock?
I have heard of marines camoflauging themselves as garbage piles (supposedly it works great!)
Trust me man all the headmounts fro the MNVG's and NVG'c are the shits.
And if you ever want to assault anything... Wear your helmet... Most fighting is centered in urban areas with vehicle support now, bottom line in my opinion (WEAR YOUR HELMET)
that many seems to be when dealing with the end of the war, i mean look how long the army was out in the field (SAND DUNES).
The beret shows you are not afraid to wear your beret, there fore winning the minds of the people around you and makeing the enemy think you are strong. ( two great physc warfare techniques huh!)

the_13th_redneck said:
Helmet please.
So to go see your leuitenant at camp you ethier have to go in with your helmet , takeing it off when you go indoors of course, or wearin full dress uniform?

To go see you platoon commander, you would just go up to him and say: whats up sir?.... Thats it man... Your platoon commander will be out there with you. And things get informal to a point when you are on either operation or out in the field... Maybe if you go on tour sometime, you will see what I mean.
And I cannot stress this point enough: HELMET HELMET HELMET

Pete031 said:
To go see you platoon commander, you would just go up to him and say: whats up sir?.... Thats it man... Your platoon commander will be out there with you. And things get informal to a point when you are on either operation or out in the field... Maybe if you go on tour sometime, you will see what I mean.
ON THE BASE NOT IN FIELD!
Firstly you HAVE to salute him in base or the nearest NCO will have your ass!

And I cannot stress this point enough: HELMET HELMET HELMET
So to see your troop(platoon) leader which will be an officer , you would wear ethier full dress uniform or wear your helmet?

Back