Most favourite baret - Page 2

--

December 9th, 2004  
Trevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrime
Quote:
That guy needs to re-form his beret. It's terrible.
Why? I think that it looks good that way.
It's not even really formed, just sort of slouched over to the right. There IS a proper way to form a beret.
December 9th, 2004  
03USMC

No we have our Barracks Cover, Garrison Cover and our Utility Cover. And on all of them we have the Eagle Globe and Anchor and thats just as dear and special to us as the Green Beret is to HMRM.
December 9th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor

It's not even really formed, just sort of slouched over to the right. There IS a proper way to form a beret.
Actually there are diffrent ways to wear them.
Take the argyl and sutherland highlanders, they wear thier badge to the right of thier right eye.
The RM wear it over thier right eye.
--
December 9th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
No we have our Barracks Cover, Garrison Cover and our Utility Cover. And on all of them we have the Eagle Globe and Anchor and thats just as dear and special to us as the Green Beret is to HMRM.
Barracks cover? utility cover?
Why not have the eagle and globe and anchor on a beret like the RM with the globe and laurrell?
December 9th, 2004  
CPrime

I see what you mean. What about these?

December 9th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwasp
Quote:
Barracks cover? utility cover?
Why not have the eagle and globe and anchor on a beret like the RM with the globe and laurrell?
The same reason the RM take pride in their Green Beret. Tradition.
December 9th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrime
I see what you mean. What about these?
Thats thier style of beret man, i mean the argyles have a feather on their beret for crying out loud! I do respect the aryle's though , those guys are really scotlands finest.
December 9th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:

The same reason the RM take pride in their Green Beret. Tradition.
What is a utility cover and baracks cover BTW?
December 9th, 2004  
03USMC

Barracks cover is the visored hat (cover) that you see with the USMC blue dress. It consists of a cover frame and two covers Forest Green for use with the service uniform and white for use with the blue dress.

Utility Cover is a visored hat (cover) with 8 points worn with the utility uniform USMC term for BDU's.
December 9th, 2004  
Trevor

The Canadian SARtech beret is one of the funniest I've seen. It's bright orange, (hit-me vest orange)