Most Dominant College Football Team Ever?

Which School has the most dominant history in College football?

• Army

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miami

• Michigan

• Nebraska

• Notre Dame

• Oklahoma

• Other (Please specify)

• Total voters

Damien435

I have compiled a short list of school's that can all claim to be the most dominant in the history of College Football. Oklahoma had the longest win streak in the modern era. Army has several long win streaks that could rival OU's and dominated College football for almost three decades. Nebraska has been to and lost more National Championship games than most school's ever had a chance to win. Miami, well being a Nebraska fan I have to put them in because Miami always figures out a way to beat Nebraska! Notre Dame. No other school can claim to have been rivals to the legendary teams at OU, Army and Miami. Despite a few bad seasons Notre Dame has always been consistent in winning and being in the hunt. Come on, Touchdown Jesus! Last but not least (well, IMO the least.) Michigan has more wins than any other school in America and every year plays in what is now arguably the greatest rivalry in College football (Either the "Big Game: Michigan vs. Ohio State" or the "Army-Navy Game".) since some idiot decided that Nebraska and Oklahoma would not play each other every year. (Why? How incredibly stupid is that?) So which do you think is the most dominant school in the history of College Football? If you feel that a very deserving team was not put on here please tell me why but try to look at this from an un-biased standpoint without letting your loyalties to your favorite team interfere.

(To determine which schools made the list I consulted football analysts from past and present, listened to what they had to say, took notes and then threw all that out and decided for myself.)

louisiana state is starting to prove itself as a pretty dominant team, but it's still a little early to tell. they have a few national championships under their belt, and the highest paid college coach thanks to their last win, and are producing some outstanding athletes.

of course, im biased, so i'd like to say the gators, although the last few years have been a little rough thanks to stupid ron zook. i hate him. lol

mzspaztastic said:
louisiana state is starting to prove itself as a pretty dominant team, but it's still a little early to tell. they have a few national championships under their belt, and the highest paid college coach thanks to their last win, and are producing some outstanding athletes.

of course, im biased, so i'd like to say the gators, although the last few years have been a little rough thanks to stupid ron zook. i hate him. lol

I don't blame Zook, I blame Spurrier for leaving, after watching him coach at Florida for so many years I knew that the only team he could win with was Indianapolis because he needs a good quarterback and a very deep bench of recievers because his playing style has always depended having a guarterback with a cannon who could throw for 300+ yards a game.

Notre Dame has sucked for a few years, but you have got to give it to them, they are a major threat to break out in the next couple of years.

BennettNC_156 said:
Notre Dame has sucked for a few years, but you have got to give it to them, they are a major threat to break out in the next couple of years.

First they have to choose whether Academics or Athletics are the priority for their football players. Can't have the both with how competitive todays games are.

I gotta go with my Sooners, we have had a bad run of luck the last few years but have still made it to The Show.

Sooners1 said:
I gotta go with my Sooners, we have had a bad run of luck the last few years but have still made it to The Show.

Hopefully after choking the way they did the last two years they will not be there for a long time, how many times must they prove they do not belong in the national championship game before the people who make the decisions finally realize this?

Oklahoma is killin man what are u talking about? They are awesome. I would have to say that oklahoma is the best team of the choices. I am a Georgia man myself but they arent one of the top in the entire nation..Although they are number 4 in the country right now. Followed by my number 2 team. ALABAMA!! Undefeated baby!!

Cheer, cheer for Old Notre Dame
Wake up the echoes cheering her name,
Send the volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky,
What though the odds be great or small
Old Notre Dame will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to Victory.

C/CMSgt Henderson said:
Oklahoma is killin man what are u talking about? They are awesome.

Oklahoma was killin. :lol: They are having their worst season in years, getting crushed by Texas, losing to TCU on opening day. Guess when Nebraska and Oklahoma play we will get to see which former giant has fallen furthest. ;)

C/CMSgt Henderson said:
you need to add georgia and alabama to that post. DJ shockly is out right now but he will be back.

A.) It is too late to add anyone and B.) I do not think that their resume's are nearly as impressive. Simple way to tell, if I can't tell you off the top of my head why they belong on the list they don't belong on the list. ;)

A.) It is too late to add anyone- I was just kidding dude... and as to B. I have a crisp 50 dollar bill that Shockley gets drafted. By the way man, half of the people on that poll arent in the top 20...Only Miami and Notre Dame are in the 20...Alabama is number 4 in the country and georgia is 11....Please tell me then why your opinion is more accurate than the most educated sports pickers in the country...I must say that the people who post those ranks have a little bit more knowledge than a kid on a forum...

C/CMSgt Henderson said:
A.) It is too late to add anyone- I was just kidding dude... and as to B. I have a crisp 50 dollar bill that Shockley gets drafted. By the way man, half of the people on that poll arent in the top 20...Only Miami and Notre Dame are in the 20...Alabama is number 4 in the country and georgia is 11....Please tell me then why your opinion is more accurate than the most educated sports pickers in the country...I must say that the people who post those ranks have a little bit more knowledge than a kid on a forum...

First, open your eyes and read the title "Most Dominant College Football Team Ever?" not "Best Team in College Football Today?" Also, Georgia already lost their chance at a National Title this year, their lost to Florida took care of that, Alabama is a good team, but they need Southern Cal, Texas and/or Virginia Tech to lose to get a chance at the title. While I don't doubt that Shockley will be drafted (actually, if Georgia loses even two games with Shockley at the controls I would not be surprised if he does not get drafted.) Sorry, but how the teams are doing right now is irrelevant because the question basically covers college football from 1945 - present.

Yes yes, I am a kid on a forum and I probably can't rank the teams as well as these pundits, especially because there would be a Big Ten and SEC bias in my selections, thankfully I am not trying to do that.

Back