Most dangerous nation in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion

http://www.strategypage.com/search.asp?target=d:\inetpub\strategypageroot\dls\docs\2004413.htm

How Pakistan Does So Much With So Little
by Anonymous

Pakistan has been one up on its military strategy versus the rest of the world during the last few decades. This small nation has been able to subdue not only its big neighbor India but also subdue the mighty United States.

Since the early 1980s, Pakistan has adopted a clever military strategy that entails adopting un-conventional warfare and acquiring strategic position. Since its humiliating defeat in the 1972 at the hand of India, leading to the dismemberment of the country and creation of a new nation – Bangladesh, Pakistan has decided to cleverly avoid conventional warfare.

In the early eighties, Pakistan co-opted the Americans by raising the Soviet bogie. Thus it was able to overtly acquire American military technology and stealthily acquire the technology for making nuclear weapons. After the defeat of the Soviet Union in Afghanistan, Pakistanis took over by creating the Taliban and thus gaining a strategic foothold in Central Asia. The Americans left the region concentrating instead on the Middle East and Eastern Europe. The arms and ammunition left behind by the CIA helped the Pakistanis to foster militancy in Kashmir and bleed India in the near future using the same un-conventional warfare successfully tested in Afghanistan.

In the 1990’s looking ahead into the future, Pakistan co-opted China to acquire the means to test and deliver these nuclear weapons by supplying the Chinese with American technology (such as the F-16) it acquired. The Chinese helped the Pakistanis with regards to Missiles such as the M11s.

In the late 1990’s and early 21st Century, it fostered Al-Qaida via its proxy, the Taliban and also spreading the nuclear bogey to countries such as Libya, Iran and North Korea to the extent that it can close the tap when it wanted.

The same strategy was adopted with regards to India. It supported the Kashmir insurgency and nourished only those militants that favored Pakistan. This helped it to embroil India’s conventional armed forces and divert its attention in fighting an un-conventional warfare. The highlight of this was the humiliating surrender to militant hijackers in Kandahar, Afghanistan in December, 2000, when India’s foreign minister accompanied released militants to secure the release of its hijacked airline and passengers. And the world did not bat an eyelid when the released militants roamed around Pakistani streets in frantic jubilation.

When 9/11 dawned, Pakistan closed the tap on the Taliban and increased its strategic importance by becoming the front-line nation in the “War on Terrorism”. While it closed one tap, Pakistan opened another tap by proliferating nuclear weapons to North Korea, Libya and Iran by creating another proxy in the form of its Nuclear God Father, A.Q. Khan and his confederated smuggling network.

As the hype on the “War on Terrorism” waned and America got involved in Iraq, Pakistan probably selectively leaked information about its own scientist and diverted attention to itself and its concerns.

The amazing thing about Pakistan is no matter what it does, it gets excused. By closing the proliferation tap, Pakistan has showed to the world what will happen if it ignores its local concerns. This has helped it bring India to the negotiating table on Kashmir and gain financial and military aid from the Americans.

Considering, the small size of Pakistan in area, natural resources and population this is by far a commendable achievement. When we look at other countries such as Israel which is technologically superior to Pakistan, its emphasis on fighting a conventional war against the un-conventional tactics employed by the Palestinians has only led it to desperation. The same can be said of the Americans who in their conventional effort to fight the “Terrorist” Bogie have only created more of the same.

The lesson to be learnt from Pakistan is that to fight an un-conventional war, one needs un-conventional tactics not missiles and aircraft carriers maneuvering around the world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinion: Pakistan is the most dangerous nation in the world.Once Pervez Musharraff is gone who knows whats gonna happen to this f00ked up country.This terrorist nation is more dangerous than Iraq,Iran or North Korea.Its like a time bomb waiting to explode.And dangerous not because of military , we already defeated them alot many times in conventional warfare but dangerous because they support terrorirst guerilla warfare which are difficult to fight with as these cowards dont fight directly.

The world's a crazy place... the age of mass communication have brought these troubles faster and closer to home than ever before. i.e. they have been provided force multipliers and an endless list of excuses to stir up trouble.

sheesh interesting..

but in my opinion its not military power that provides the ultimate in savagery and brutal treatment of countries..nor atom bombs..nor all the poison gas.

its simple economics.

Principally...i would be more scared of the person/nation that owned my debtors bill...then anyone else in the world.

so..in that respect..id pick luxenburg..brussels...japan...or switzerland for countries that could pull the economic throw rug for countries like the Saudis..the iranees..or any of the major food producing countries.

Just my opinion. Id be more inclined to nuke the electronic banking center of the world..than a mess of rebels that i know where i could get them anytime i needed a news story... :D

Personnaly I Think The Title of Worlds Most Dangerous Nation should go to none other than the United States of America.

Why would I consider my peacelobving Democracy as a fdangerous nation?

Simple, We have the worlds largest GDP, The worlds ADVANCED military, Great technology, along with a very strong Politcal Presense on the worlds stage.

We may be a Democracy but that still doesn't change the fact that if we wanted to we could destroy the world with the push of a button, or that we can take on almost any nation and win if we were allowed to go hog wild.

We may be a Democracy but that still doesn't change the fact that if we wanted to we could destroy the world with the push of a button, or that we can take on almost any nation and win if we were allowed to go hog wild.

:roll:

Sad, but Dameon is right. If we withdrew from all form of international law, went hogwild on any country that so much as looks at us wrong, we probably succeed in doing what Germany tried twice and the USSR nearly did.

Well of course Guy, but the scenario calls for the US to go nuts in the first place.

Dameon said:
if we wanted to we could destroy the world with the push of a button, or that we can take on almost any nation and win if we were allowed to go hog wild.

Lets solve Iraq first ;)

Dameon said:
we can take on almost any nation and win if we were allowed to go hog wild.

Don't overestimate your power that has gotten the US in trouble before and will again

Emgland is to me because of Cellafield.

Whtas your view on cellafield? (could be spelt wrong)

dougal, the topic is not about whats the most dangerous nation in the world, its about Pakistan as the most dangerous nation in the world and your opinion about it.

I wouldn't say they would be the most dangerous. They realy posses No world standing, so I woldn't think they are the Most Dangerous.

Xion said:
dougal, the topic is not about whats the most dangerous nation in the world, its about Pakistan as the most dangerous nation in the world and your opinion about it.

Thank you for pointing that out! Hatin' on the cowboy land in here..

Anyways, I think, should another great disaster occur on this earth, I believe one of the keys would certainly be Pakistan.......

The most dangerous in the world.... well, being a cradle of radical Islam it is, it certainly deserves an award.

jhdi.jpg

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back