The most anti-war experience you've ever had recently

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
CAUTION: It contains a spoiler for Metal Gear Solid 3 so if you're playing, haven't played and want to play etc., don't read it.

Anyways there's this part where you have to wade through a river that's waist deep and the spirits of those you killed walk by you while trying to attack you (slowly and that gives it a really creepy feeling). Basically this stage comes really late, and I had killed a crapload of dudes so my walk was very long... and not to mention the occasional scarey face popping up.
I know this sounds crazy but really nothing else really got me into a "Man... I really shouldn't kill anyone for any reason...." frame of thought like this before... a vidual representation of the souls you ended walking by with their arms stretched out with a guy floating around reminding you what it's all about.

I was watching the news and they were talking about a female soldier that was wounded in Iraq and the doctors had all but given up on her. She suffered major head trauma and they had to remove part of her skull and brain. Without the plastic surgery it would have left a huge hole in the side of her head. Anyway, I ended up saying that if anything like that happened to me I don't want any medical miracles, I just want to die. It made me a bit more concious of what I was getting in to, but it didn't make me want to serve any less at all.

I was never pro-war, or at least, never considered my self as one. every soldier i ever talked to said he never wants to see another war. war is a bad and horrible thing. All that said, sometimes it is a nessecity to go to war.

I have USMC stickers on my truck and have had people throw rocks and yell stuff. I try to ignore but on other days I will chase them down and scare the crap out of 'em.

egoz, I think I saw that same story on the evening news. I can't believe she survived it all, but she seems to be handling things really well.

Sooners1 said:
I have USMC stickers on my truck and have had people throw rocks and yell stuff. I try to ignore but on other days I will chase them down and scare the crap out of 'em.

Dang in I O WAY? Whats up with that Sooner? Come on down here. The community , even those who may disagree with the war sure don't take on vets or servicemen, lot of yellow ribbons and US Flags.

Someof the college kids down the road are all about protesting and calling names. But hey I expect that from burnouts.......

:lol: We had ONE war protest back home, 4 or 5 kids from the high school made a couple cutesy little signs and started marching around the sidewalks on Main Street until a truckload of GIRLS FROM THE DRILL TEAM chased them away (verbally, not with the truck :lol: ). These are the same kids who made a fuss about the school not serving vegetarian alternative main courses in a regionwhose economy is primarily focussed on lumber and agriculture, mainly cattle ranches.

As far as making me take a step back and realize how serious this situation that we're in is, hearing about the first of my friends to get hit (he's doing fine now) kind of sent the message home, but it did not change they way I felt about or my support for what we are doing.

I saw a kid who had stepped on a landmine. Shit happens anyway but seeing poor people suffering in somewhere teaches to value own secured life and all good and wealth we got in everyday life.

War is sometimes a necessity, like Sherman said.
Peacemongers go around saying that we believe war is cool.
We ALL know war is s :cen: t, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Well, if you watched the elections, Iowa turned out to be a Kerry state for some unGodly reason. Bunch of people from east coast moved here I guess?? Anyway, what is the deal with protestin a war with the use of violence? oxymoron right? For the most part our community is behind our Troops no matter what, there are always a few sh**tbirds here and there.

Biggest anti-war protest I've ever seen is here...down here in Mahnhattan where 4,000 anti-war protests gathered protesting against the war in Iraq shouting against my ears while i pass by. Just to ignore them, I just got on with my own business. Heh...job hazard.

Sooners1 said:
Well, if you watched the elections, Iowa turned out to be a Kerry state for some unGodly reason. Bunch of people from east coast moved here I guess?? Anyway, what is the deal with protestin a war with the use of violence? oxymoron right? For the most part our community is behind our Troops no matter what, there are always a few sh**tbirds here and there.
you mentioned the violent protests and oxymorons and i thought of this picture
REMOVED

Back