Most annoying thing to have happened to you

Yep. My family can kiss my :cen: for all I care. They're one of, if not the main, reason I get so depressed all the time. Yeah. I really wouldn't care less if I never saw most of them again.
My parents are alright... but in a way they ruined my life. When I was little we moved, and it's all gone to heck from there... we STILL haven't built a front step onto the house we moved into (which was brand new). My brother was born a few years later... I can't even talk about this. It depresses and infuriates me too much.

Thing was, I had wanted a brother seven years earlier. But the age difference between us is so great that we have NOTHING in common. My evenings have turned into one giant argument, usually centered around the little brat who gets things started by misbehaving...

And I feel genuinely neglected. Hormones were driving me up the wall a few years back... I was suffering from pretty serious depression. I went to my parents for help; they did NOTHING. My brother, on the other hand, started having some OCD issues a few months back... HE is in therapy.

They just better hope that when I'm old enough to purchase alcohol I take after my mom's side of the family and not my dad's... my mom's side was the happy drunk type. My dad's side was the manic depressive drunk.

I feel your pain, TOG. My family home was a warzone for as far back as I can remember. My dad is abusive, my mom has no backbone and seems to think ignoring things is better than dealing with them.........and they wonder why all of us kids are so screwed up. Gee, I can't imagine.......

To hurt, offend, and upset a friend.....sigh....*looks down* am very, very.... dissapointed in myself....:(

Hope things improve for you TOG. Life can be hard. My childhood was hell. Don't really want to go into it on here, but it was bad with a capital B.

Somehow we have to find a way to not let that ruin the rest of our lives, find an inner strength somehow. Don't let what other people have done to you or made you feel ruin the happiness that you deserve.

Back