Mossad at its best!

If I remember correctly under the Geneva Convention those fighting in civilian clothes are not afforded the protection of the convention. and are liable to suffer capital punishment.

Albert Pierpoint, Britain's last hangman stated that the death penalty does not deter premeditated murder, as Monty stated which I agree with, it does stop reoffending. However, there have been miscarriages of justice such as the death penalty handed out to Derek Bentley and Ruth Ellis. The hanging of Ruth Ellis caused such outrage by the British public, it brought about the abolition of the death penalty.

While this is true I have a different view of how it could be applied.
Rather than apply it to an individual crime I think it should be use cumulatively, essentially if you wrack up crimes worth say 100 years of prison time you qualify so murdering someone wouldn't automatically put you in the draw a life of petty crime would.

Death penalty is much cheaper than having somebody locked up for the rest of their lives. But the majority of countries in the developed world abolished capital punishment years ago. The US (not every state) Japan, and Taiwan (somewhat an independent country) still have capital punishment.

Japan used it when they punished the leader and six other members of the sect responsible for the Sarin attack in Tokyo.

Death penalty is much cheaper than having somebody locked up for the rest of their lives. But the majority of countries in the developed world abolished capital punishment years ago. The US (not every state) Japan, and Taiwan (somewhat an independent country) still have capital punishment.

Japan used it when they punished the leader and six other members of the sect responsible for the Sarin attack in Tokyo.

I think we should have reinstated the death penalty for the Aussie terrorist that shot up the mosques last year or at least extradited him to one of his victims countries (There were a number of non-NZ citizens killed) for trial and let them execute him.

I find it extremely annoying that he will sit in prison at a cost of $100k a year plus recieving more health and educational benefits than many law abiding NZers can afford, I am in favour of raffling off the right to put a bullet through his skull and air dropping his corpse off over Sydney.

A hanging a day keeps the criminal away .
Old, but still justified adage

Unfortunately it isnt a true story though as the death penalty doesnt lower or even reduce crime.
My support for the death penalty is more about justified punishments than preventing crime as there are some people who's actions simply warrant its application.
There are people the world over who have done nothing but make the peoples lives around them through constant crime a misery and at some point it must become obvious that these people will never contribute anything positive to society as such it is my belief that when once it becomes apparent that they will not change then the death penalty should be considered for any crime.

Lets not forget a few grams of lead can balance a tyre so there is no reason it wont work for even the most hardened criminal.

Well ,I have to disagree : death penalty has to functions, aims
1 As punishment for very serious crimes
2 As deterrence to prevent other people to commit serious crimes .
An example of the deterrence value of death penalty :some 60 years ago the harbor of Agadir (South Morocco ) was destroyed by an earthquake,the result was that law and order disappeared and that there were a lot of lootings ;the army arrived and declared that every looter would be shot immediately ,what the army also did ,and suddenly the lootings stopped .
During WWII, British government was thinking on the death penalty for looters after air attacks, but the death penalty was considered as bad for morale and it would be exploited by the German propaganda .
Every day in our ''civilised '' countries thousands of women,girls,children are sexually abused, raped .If these criminals would be systematically and publicly be hanged, or better killed as in the Middle Ages,women would be more safe .
Sadly enough politicians have no balls and prefer to listen to those who claim that criminals are the victims of an unjust society .
We see the results : law and order disappear everywhere .
Homo homini lupus : this was so thousand BC, it still applies today .

Well ,I have to disagree : death penalty has to functions, aims
1 As punishment for very serious crimes
2 As deterrence to prevent other people to commit serious crimes .
An example of the deterrence value of death penalty :some 60 years ago the harbor of Agadir (South Morocco ) was destroyed by an earthquake,the result was that law and order disappeared and that there were a lot of lootings ;the army arrived and declared that every looter would be shot immediately ,what the army also did ,and suddenly the lootings stopped .
During WWII, British government was thinking on the death penalty for looters after air attacks, but the death penalty was considered as bad for morale and it would be exploited by the German propaganda .
Every day in our ''civilised '' countries thousands of women,girls,children are sexually abused, raped .If these criminals would be systematically and publicly be hanged, or better killed as in the Middle Ages,women would be more safe .
Sadly enough politicians have no balls and prefer to listen to those who claim that criminals are the victims of an unjust society .
We see the results : law and order disappear everywhere .
Homo homini lupus : this was so thousand BC, it still applies today .

We agree in principle but point two doesn't work, even countries with the death penalty still have murder rape and sexual abuse.
I am less inclined to support the death penalty for single crimes as there is simply too much chance for error, in the case of multiple killings or a lifetime of crime where guilt is unquestionable or the individual habitually detracts from the lives of others then fire away.

About point two : death penalty does not make crime disappear, it prevents crime from rising .
A public hanging, live on TV, will deter a number of potential criminals .
The same for public flagellation .

Back