MOS's???

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrealChaos

Hey guys, just wanted to know if anyone could point me to a good, and preferably detailed site about MOS's. Just doing some research on a few things, tried to google it but I haven't been able to find what I was looking for.

Basically looking for basic listings of The MOS Tag/name/abbv. or w/e it is for each Occupation, and what the occupation is, standard thing, also possibly a breif explanation for each one of the MOS's on the site.

Also, someone I know from work was curious what a USMC Sniper is, with their MOS tag/abbv. because his uncle was one and he forgot.

Thnx again! :D

thanks a bunch guys! I really appreciate it. I just seem to be very unlucky when it comes to finding things about the military when I do searches..don't know why.

By the way I've always been curious about this, it seems like in alot of posts and conversations between people in the army they ask.. Whats your MOS? and they automatically seem to know what it is, or something relatively close to it. Is there some way of figuring it out through the letters/numbers? Or is it just a thing you get used to through experiences of being in the army?

Other then that im done, thnx again!

Edit: Oh btw how come on the first site its 8541 while on the other site its the more standard number and letter format? (im a military n00b i know)

Your general occupational area is denoted by the first number (the only important one is 13, Field Artillery, but I hear the other fellows have numbers, too), and the more specific job of the soldier is given by the letter immediately following that number (13F is a Fire Support artilleryman, like SGT Doody, and 13B is a basic cannoneer/gun bunny, a 13A is an artillery officer, etc.). The individual skill sets are given by any following numbers/letters, such as a "P," which indicates the soldier is Airborne, it all gets a little more complicated at that point though, and I don't want to steer you wrong with any bad information.

edit: The first link provided to you was for the Marines, the next two were Army, we use different designations.

Ohh I see, so thats explains why I couldn't find scout sniper on the latter ones. So basically if I a marine were to use the all number MOS designation, the one on the marine page, a fellow marine would know what they were talking about, alrighty, just thought id ask because I've never seen an MOS that was in that style before. Thnx a bunch, you guys rock!

right, like in the USMC. im a 6172. anyone who works on the ch-46e knows approx about what i do. they know 61 is ch-46 and they may know that 72 is crew chief. but like a 6112 is a ch-46 mechanic...0311 is 03=infantry and 11 is rifleman. etc etc.... you just kinda know after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back